Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea I raced an integra gsr I was trying to race a hatch with b-series swap but he wouldnt race me so I pulled up and got next to teh gsr to see what I could do...he had carbon fiber hood and exhaust from what I could see..he is well known in that town..well anyways he just laughed and we got on it after I down shifted to 2nd and we were side by side and I hit third and pulled about 4ft or so and he let off....I think I would have got him even better if we kept going...what does an integra gsr run anyways>??? with a good driver? I am runnin a crx dx mpfi swap re-wire to obd1 with p28 ecu..other mods too...well its another n/a sohc crx smashin on a b-series lol...

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
SiNgLeCaM PoWeR! said:
... I am runnin a crx dx mpfi swap re-wire to obd1 with p28 ecu..other mods too...well its another n/a sohc crx smashin on a b-series lol...
what other mods do you have? I have a CRX SI (stock) and raced a LS Integra and only bet him to 105mph after that he creaped buy. Now if you have a DX, do you have the stock tranny, or did you swap out?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a z6 in a cx hatch and i pull gsrs by a car. car and a half. all he had was intake, exhaust, and hondata s200, doesnt it feel great to walk on dohc motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
nicks-eg said:
i have a z6 in a cx hatch and i pull gsrs by a car. car and a half. all he had was intake, exhaust, and hondata s200, doesnt it feel great to walk on dohc motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have a z6 in a cx hatch and i beat gsr civics, gsr tegs and the guy didnt kno how to drive but last time i was at the track i beat a TT rx-7 (FD) that was running 15 flat all day long... i love it when there like so what do have? b16 b18? i stopped telling people...i just have N/A SOHC written on my rear side windows. lol makes people feel stupid... its funny to see peoples faces..u tell them its N/A sohc and there like :shocked: r u serious! then i have to pop the hood and let them check my car for nitrous and stuff...:hammer:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lots of B-series owners who run fast seem to run in poorly tuned cars.

You would think the differences in "performance" numbers would give the stock B16s an advantage over most tuned D-series blocks.

There is no way an untuned 4dr 1.5l-powered non-VTEC sedan (like mine used to be) should be able to compete with a 1.8l DOHC VTEC-powered B-Series Coupe...right :skull:?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no I swapped out my tranny to an si cable tranny..I also have z6 intake mani, header, intake,complete exhaust non vtec d16a6!...but it pulls hard! it suprised the hell outta me...I am soon gonna go mini me vtec cause I already have the ecu and the vtec wired and ready to hook up..but prob finish my turbo setup first...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i beat a h22 in an accord, a cobalt ss , and a gsr turbo in a eg hatch. those are my funniest races ive done . and all people are like whats in that .... and all they can do is shake there heads

·
Registered
325 Posts
nicks-eg said:
i beat a h22 in an accord, a cobalt ss , and a gsr turbo in a eg hatch. those are my funniest races ive done . and all people are like whats in that .... and all they can do is shake there heads
Thats pretty good.

·
Registered
836 Posts
nicks-eg said:
huh? how did you beat a turbo GSR in a hatch? I saw a stock GSR turbo 279WHP on 9lbs in a teg....no way any NA sohc is going to beat that unless you have a retarded amount of cash. 279WHP in a teg is scary, can't imaging a hatch.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
nicks-eg said:
i beat a gsr turbo in a eg hatch.

im sorry but im gonan call bullshit right here.. i ran a i/h/e equipped gsr swapped hatch and i semi hang with him.. no way in hell someone with bolt ons is gonna beat a turboed one
sorry but i wave the bs flag on this one :liar: :liar: :bull: :bull:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no bullshit, i talked to the guy before the race , he really couldnt drive at all. he was having a really bad time launching his shit. i grabbed traction and shot he bogged , then started spinning plus he had 13'' steeles. it was a 8th mile to but hey. (it doesnt matter if you win by a inch or a mile..... winnings winning) god what a shitty movie hahaha. see now how i won?

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
well then i beat a stillen superchared 350z with a high boost pulley because i got traction and left him spinning the tires all the way through 3rd.....i could beat a funny car if he just burned the tires off the whole time..doesnt mean i won or am faster.....i wouldnt claim that as a win...its like o yea i beat a 9 sec hatch in a geo metro..he blew his motor up but i still won....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very true...so you won the race against the driver because he was a tool...but did not win the race against the car. If that makes any sense.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i c wat you guys are saying but if you build a car , truly build a car . you must kno how to drive it. where to launch if you dont have drag launch( where to if you do) what gears pull the hardest, etc....

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
o and 70hampsters is right 110%. that car would have killed me with the proper driver in it. but i hope everyone can relate to my previous post.

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
yea i kno where ur coming from but its nothing something i would brag about....i could brag about a lot of races because the drivers were tools...doesnt mean i won...ya kno? like multiply 350z's, i raced a modded evo from a 10mph roll to 120 and he didnt pull me?????wtf? he sucks at driving..doesnt mean i beat a evo..i beat the driver...i mean u can claim whatever u want but i wouldnt because in reality u woulda got smoked if he didnt fuck up and knew how to drive

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you are right. the driver sucked ...... but bragging rights or not, it kinda makes you happy to beat bigger motors,regardless of driver or not. you kno????

1 - 20 of 67 Posts