1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I present to you, a new.... H BEAM Rod UPDATED pg.7

Update on Page 7!!

Top--> Eagles H beam (rated for 600hp)
Bottom--> The new H beam rod...for now i wont say manufacturer... (Rated for 750whp)

What do you guys think? They make eagles look like a toy.

This is the rod that i will most likelly be adding to the lineup and will be selling soon (and incorporating into the bottom end kits)

For now i wont give too much detail.. I will let the picture (and the ones to follow later) speak for themselves.

I want you guys to give me your opinions as well as pros and cons.

The only thing i will say for now is that they are Forged 4340 steel, just like eagles and their weight is almost identical even thoug the new H beam has more meat.These will also come with ARP 2000 5/8 rod bolts.

Speak out..

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
:shocked:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tis is jus a sample rod...the big order hasnt been made so i cant talk about price yet... but it will be competitive and around the range of Eagle Rods..

For the strength of this rod and how much power it can handle it will be a very good deal.

This rod can be either on a simple street setup as well as a full race 9 sec track car too.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
so maybe like 350 shipped or am i lowballing it...would there be any extra modification to the cylinder to fit these bad boys? cause if not then you let me know when they are coming out cause i want a set.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
From that one picture, they look like they will require more of a notch. How much heavier are they? Given that the Eagles are perfectly reliable in just about every conceivable power output that a D-powered car that I would drive would make, I would go with whatever was lighter. Even if they are about the swap weight, there will be more innertia to overcome in those new rods due to teh way the weight is distributed.

I probably would not buy them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would have to agree, they just look TOO big, the eagles have to be lighter and would not require near as much of a notch, and like Beaver said, there is no way a D-series could produce enough power to snap an eagle H-beam, but either way, whatever you go with I will buy because i am in need of a bottom end kit, so close this deal, lol.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
2,469 Posts
they look like they will require more of a notch.
x2

why not i-beams? less weight with no block mods : )

plus, i'd venture to guess that anyone making over 500whp is not going to buy them and would buy crower or similar 'name brand' rods

i'd stick to the tuner toys type price range and specs, which seemed like they were from the same asian manufacturer.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
i personally think that the standard 600 hp is more than enough for 99% d-series guys. if theyre costly than the standard eagles then i dont really think theyre necessary. dont get me wrong they look stronger than shit. but theyre like strait out of the titanic.

1 - 20 of 285 Posts