Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so im throwing cel 21 for vtec spool valve, i searched related problems and they all said to check the wiring so i did and all is fine so i figure my solenoid is bad but i have a back up one but when i picked it up i decided to shake it and it makes a noise when i do, does this mean anything?? i dont want to put a bad solenoid back on my car

· Registered
10,091 Posts
install it and see if it works.

why does it need to be silent during a shake?

· Registered
95 Honda Civic DX
390 Posts
I've also had problems getting the ecu to reset when it threw a vtec code. You might have to pull the ecu fuse or battery and let it sit for a few minutes to get it to reset.

Sent from my HTC One X using AutoGuide.Com App

· Registered
10,091 Posts
have you actually done a reset while the engine is warm?

run it for 30-45 minutes, then shut down, pull the battery negative off, and press the brake, attempt to beep horn, and then let it sit for a good 10-15 minutes. no longer then 30 though if its cool outside.

put the cable back on and fire it up. dont touch the throttle for a few minutes.

· Registered
4,124 Posts
Ground the case and apply 12v to plug. If you hear a "click" then it works.

A MIL 21 without a 22 is most likely wiring/electronics

· Registered
1992 civic sedan LX
48 Posts
is it possible someone swapped out your original ECU for a different ECU before you bought the car? Has it always done this, or just recently?

· Registered
10,091 Posts
unplug the vtec solenoid, grab some long wires to loop around fender, pass door, etc.. and test for continuity. also test resistance.

Did you solder or crimp any connections? keep in mind crimps are a much better electrical connection. cold weld wins over forcing the electricity to go through solder

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.