Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is kinda long and hard to understand so please bear with me.

I tore down my head down my head about a week ago. When I put it back together I had a really loud knocking noise. First thing i thought it was rod bearing, but the noise was coming from the head. well i tinkered with the valve train for a while. (I think it was one of the Vtec rocker sitting wrong.) Not exactly sure what it was that fixed the noise because I messed with a few things. Well there was still a slight quiet ticking so i waited til this weekend and adjusted the valves and while doing that i was looking at my timign belt and it looked like it wasnt all at TDC. I changed that. Well when i buttoned it all back together and the loud knockings back. I've taken it apart like 2-3 times since then and still just cant get it to go away. im getting pretty frustrated. i dont think its a thrown bearing because i got the noise to go away, but now it back so im assuming it rules the bearing out. I got to go to work Monday, im in the military so i really got to get this thing going so i can get to work.

Any help or related experiences please help. I have searched my ass off and havent been able to find anything.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
bent/ dropped valve?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was worried about that too, but I really dont think anything is actually damaged since the did go away but now its back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts