Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently found out that Tyco is now producing the typical boxy "Bosch" relays now and that the quality has not been maintained.

I am looking for something to support a smaller than 30A load. I think 15A would be enough. I would be ganging several together and while I can fit the typical Bosch relays in the spot where I want to connect them, I figure I'd ask if there was a more compact relay that I could use.

So, what can you guys recommend? Something that comes with a waterproof pigtail would be welcomed, as well.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
when I used to install alarms I would collect all of the DEI door lock relays I didn't use. the part number is 451M. you could probably ask around at your local stereo shop or Best Buy installation bay and see if they would sell you some, or check eBay. they have a slightly wider footprint than a standard Bosch SPDT but they are a bit thinner.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beave, what about going the solid state relay route? They are faily inexpensive and typically incredibly reliable.

Also, these are a nice and tidy solution IMO:

http://www.waytekwire.com/datasheet/46094.pdf
That link shows a lot of REALLY expensive stuff. I am kinda not sure what you are pointing to?

I always get my electronics from here:
Automotive/Power | All Electronics Corp.

They have some relays and sockets for cheap
Cheap is . . OK if it works, but I am looking for something a bit better than just cheap, as these are going to be exposed in a not so friendly environment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts