Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am thniking about buying a 1995honda civic with out power steering. the guy said that all u need to make is the pump and the bottle??? what is that and is it an easy and sheap fix. please help me thks

·
Banned
998 Posts
looks pretty clean prolly a good buy..and by bottle and stuff i got no idea what u are talking about... but if its non power steering its not a big deal cars light no need for it much anyhow

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
dudes lyin, you need a pump, reservoir (thats the bottle) and a power steering gearbox you have a manual steering gear box hez iz a liar...or stupid

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dudes lyin, you need a pump, reservoir (thats the bottle) and a power steering gearbox you have a manual steering gear box hez iz a liar...or stupid
wait so it is more work than what i need??/ and how much does it cost??? and is it easy??? need to know asap thnks

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
idk with reman parts i bet you could do it for under 500...and no it is not hard at all...at least on my maro it wasnt...it might be a little harder on a civic... SOMEONE WHOS DONE THIS ROLL CALL

·
Registered
296 Posts
The steering rack that comes stock in non PS models is not the same as ones that have PS. So in order to convert that car to power steering, you need to find a power steering rack, and then all the fluid lines etc that go along with it. Not really a worth while investment IMO, like already said the cars are light enough that you wont really even know it has no PS except when parking.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Does this Civic have a Power Steering that is Defective or it doesn't come with Power Steering and you would like to put one on?
yeah cause u are really confusing.. i prolly dosent have power steering which means it has manual steering... u dont need to fix anything on it if it does just means that its slightly harder to turn..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
idk with reman parts i bet you could do it for under 500...and no it is not hard at all...at least on my maro it wasnt...it might be a little harder on a civic... SOMEONE WHOS DONE THIS ROLL CALL
hey yea he texted me back and said that he has no idea what a gear box is. so i think he is stupid. fuck me. i want to also know is it hard to drive without power steering. casue i am test driving it tomorow and my dad wont let me get one without it so i want to know is it noticeable without it.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
hey yea he texted me back and said that he has no idea what a gear box is. so i think he is stupid. fuck me. i want to also know is it hard to drive without power steering. casue i am test driving it tomorow and my dad wont let me get one without it so i want to know is it noticeable without it.
It doesn't Matter. Yes it helps steering when Parking or whatever but it's not a Big Deal.
In the Long Run you're probably going to remove even the A/C so nothing won't disturb the Crank :biggrin:

Plus, looks like you guys talked him down to 2 G's anyways:td:

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
its really not that big of a deal except from a dead stop it takes two hands to turn the wheel its not that big of a deal i think your sweatin over nothin man\

tell your dad to chill if anything its more reliable, less moving parts equals less stuff that can break C: tell him that shit

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
when parking it requires 50% more turning force than with power steering that is the only diffrence.

expain to your father that Power Steering is an unnecisary luxury and serves no perpose other than a parrallel parking aid. if he is concerned about safty point out the fact that the car has airbags. and is a honda so it's damm reliable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its really not that big of a deal except from a dead stop it takes two hands to turn the wheel its not that big of a deal i think your sweatin over nothin man
ok thnks alot u guys i really hope my dad says its ok, i really dont think i should tell him but not sure, its his money for my car. what do u think????

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
why thank you pata,

and yes just expain to your father that there are more important things to be concerned about when purchasing a car, brakes, airbags, motor health, economy ect.... if you don't decide to get this car. no worries there will be another one, I have always been partial to the DA integras myself. let us know how it goes :td:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts