Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
I'm not sure of any gains but you do have to port match the IM to the TB. Otherwise it'll hurt more than it will help.

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
im sure you would get better acceleration if you took that giant wing off your car...
to be honest...i'd have to say this is the first negative comment i've seen since my time a d series. i'm sad :(

btw, you could port your tb and your head, you should see some kind of gain from that.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
What you'll need to do it get the TB gasket for the B18C TB and slide it onto the studs. Once you do that, hold the gasket in place and take a marker or something and mark the metal that's showing inside the gasket hole. Once you have this area marked around the IM, take a dremel or something and port out the IM until none of the marked area is still there. Also fade the porting back into the IM a bit so you get a little better flow. That's the basics of it. Here's a link to my DIY P&P on my forum. This is for a cylinder head but it's basically the same concept w/ the gasket and marking.

http://www.agarumotorsports.com:8080/agaru/forums/showthread.php?t=88

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
yeah port match it and you get a little bit better air flow but it's kinda pointless with out a better flowing IM
This is true, while you have the IM off to port match the TB to it, I'd also port match the IM to the cylinder head. I was looking at the ports on my H23 IM and you'd be amazed at how large the casting ridges can be.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Get a bigger manifold, like froma Z6 or Y8 or your not going to gain anything. The B7 IM is just way to small.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
This is true. I didn't even think of changing the manifold when I mentioned this.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
im sure you would get better acceleration if you took that giant wing off your car...
People think it is a negative comment but it is very TRUE!!!!
I know a guy with an hyunday accent w/aluminum wing and he said he lost 15-20 km/h in top speed because of the wing! Wing like that f*ck the aerodynamic of your car...
I dont tell you to remove your wing but if you want every little bit of performance available from your car, a big wing isn't a good start!

·
Registered
605 Posts
People think it is a negative comment but it is very TRUE!!!!
I know a guy with an hyunday accent w/aluminum wing and he said he lost 15-20 km/h in top speed because of the wing! Wing like that f*ck the aerodynamic of your car...
I dont tell you to remove your wing but if you want every little bit of performance available from your car, a big wing isn't a good start!
very true on the wing, it'll hurt your performance,

as far as the manifold and throttle body, the b7 manifold has chicken legs for runners they are really skinny, get yourself a z6 manifold port match the TB and port match the z6 IM to the head.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Wuts dA sIzE of mY nUtS?????

English, PLEASE!!!!!!!

OK, the B7 with B7 intake won't gain ANYTHING no matter how big of a throttle body you put on it......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts