Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am pretty mad right now. I went to a local machine shop and they told me to put my motor together that I would have to bore it and buy new pistons or they wouldn't do it unless I spent $1600!!! I could buy a decent b18c for that!. F-THAT! I know my parts are fine, so whatever.....anyway....I know how to assemble it minus the piston rings....I know you have to file them to fit....could anyone give me a link to a walkthrough w/pics? That would be great! How does one file these down to fit??? Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok...seems easy enough..what kind of file do I need?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
use a normal flat file, then clean up the edges with some 1000grit sand paper. What bore is the motor, probably would be easier to just order some rings for the bore.

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
like bigtuna said, someone should make some generic plasma-moly rings that are already file fit (check them, but at least the oil expansion will be fine).

Put them in the bore and flip your piston upside down the level the ring out, then use a feeler gauge and meaure the gap. Gap them per ring instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts