Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the c/r would be if I were to use the 87-89 integra pistons with all stock parts? also, what is the engine code for that motor? i need to know ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
well would you like to post what block you have and your setup? 87-89 teg pistons are the same as the ZC. Use the calc to find your CR and next time use the search option. :)

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry about that, I was ina hurry to post. I have a D16Z6 that I am going to use stock rods with and at first I was going to use D16A6 pistons but then I found out that I can get the 87-89 integra pistons for a cheaper price. I heard that they produce a high c/r similar to the ZC.

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will the D16A6 headgasket work well with the D16Z6, I used the c/r comp thing and it dropped it down to about 13:1 and thats right around where I want to be at.

·
Registered
934 Posts
the gasket should work however you might want to double check to be safe. I hope its a nonstreetable motor or you can get 104octane where you are. Thats a mean CR to be running 91 or 92octane.

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, it is a really mean c/r to use for streets. its not going to be a daily driver but its going to but driven more or less on the weekends and sometimes on the track. luckly i can get 104 octane kinda near my house. do you know how I can check to findout if it will work.

M

·
0 Posts
i thought that the 86-87 a1's were the pg6b's with a dome of like 1.5cc's if i am correct. even with the jdm or 88-89 a1's with a dome of 7.4cc's would yeild 11.6.

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So will I have 11.6:1 or 13.2:1 with my D16A1 pisonts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts