Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed my clutch because the springs were bad on the clutch disc. I changed only the clutch and am still using the same flywheel and pressure plate. My problem is the car won’t move after putting everything back together. The car can go into any gear without clutch when car is on and won’t move, won’t stall. Already took off the transmission 3 times to redo everything. Bled slave cylinders also. Any help is appreciated!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,110 Posts
1. you only need 1 post
2. is the input shaft pushed in all the way correctly?
3. are your axles seated fully?
4. throw out bearing and fork working correctly?

if your engine is transferring power to the trans, it shouldn't allow it to go into gear without grinding.....should be your major concern

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still relatively new to website, couldn’t figure out how to delete other post. Yes input shaft is in all the way. Axles are seated correctl and fully. TO bearing and fork works, so if it goes into gear without grinding then that means the engine isn’t providing power to the trans...?

·
4,110 Posts
Still relatively new to website, couldn’t figure out how to delete other post. Yes input shaft is in all the way. Axles are seated correctl and fully. TO bearing and fork works, so if it goes into gear without grinding then that means the engine isn’t providing power to the trans...?

that's the point of the clutch, to disengage the engine from powering the input so the gear select and change gears.....that's why if you don't engage the clutch you grind the gears......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay... I’m still processing some stuff from all this research. I know I’m gonna have to take off the transmission again... would a worn out pressure plate and fly wheel be a probable cause?

·
4,110 Posts
if the pressure plate aint doing its job, the clutch aint grabbing either. find the fsm and try again.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
here is a quick test. Car off, put into 1st gear.

Have a friend start pushing on the car to move it. Push the clutch in as he/she is pushing. If the car starts to move, the clutch is disengaging properly.

If it stays put and refuses to move, you need to have a friend push the pedal in several times while you look under hood at clutch fork to verify it is moving.

Sometimes the simple shit happens, like clutch rod pops out of alignment

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
398 Posts
Did you remember to tighten/torque your pressure plate bolts? Its been a few days since the last post, did you manage to fix this yet?

If not, start with these:

Remove the slave cylinder from the transmission completely, that way you know for sure the slave cylinder rod is not acting on the release bearing fork in any way. Once it is off, make sure you can move the release bearing fork around. It should have some give and play back and forth (to make sure it is not jammed or anything) and make sure the release bearing is not touching the steel fingers on the pressure plate (pivot the fork so the bearing is away from the pressure plate).

If you have verified that the release bearing is not applying pressure in anyway to the pressure plate fingers, lock the e-brake tight and chock the wheels. Put the car in second gear, bump the starter and see if the engine is now connected to the transmission. If the car jerks forward when you bump it, the engine is now connected to the transmission.

If it still lets you start it with no problems while in gear and with no clutch actuation while the wheels are on the ground and the car isn't moving, let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been a few days, been trying to get around to touching my car again but I work graveyard and I have been working a lot lately. I’ll try everything recommended and report back to y’all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So if I understand correctly, with the car on and the clutch pedal NOT depressed, you can shift through the gears and it won’t grind, stall, or lurch forward?
Yes, car on, foot off the clutch the car can go into any gear, no grinds, pops, lurking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So finally got a chance to touching my car, it appears it’s not going to gear but I still don’t know the problem. With the car off and in 1st gear it still rolls.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Did you re-install the bitch pin used to keep the shiftlinkage engaged with the transmission?

with engine off and trans in 1st gear, you should not be able to move the car at all.

at this point, either the clutch disc is stuck away from the input shaft, the linkage actually isnt hooked up totally, or the CV axles are not engaging the final drive (or final drive is busted).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts