Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The way my turbo has to be mounted in my engine bay doesnt really leave ANY room for a filter, especially considering that it has a 4" inlet on it. I was wondering if k&n maybe made a filter that was really short and stubby that would still have the 4" outlet on it?

OR, i could just run a screen, which i dont really want to do. But if i did, where could i pick one up at.

one last question........how does a screen compare to a filter protection wise?

thanks

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Hey bro, I have same prob, running my apexi kit without filter, I think I have to get a custom made pipe and put a filter on it.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bro, I have same prob, running my apexi kit without filter, I think I have to get a custom made pipe and put a filter on it.
i dont even think i can put a pipe in there.....my compressor where the filter will go is on the driver side, and its a .70 compressor, so you could only imagine the little room i actually have..

thanks though.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Special order one from K&N, I am going to do that for my turbo. Then drill a hole in it so I can run a line to a catch can.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I don't see why it would affect anything. I think I am ordering something like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts