Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
if there's a link then post it. I tried searching and i get lots of answers. I need to know what gap my spark plugs need, i have NGK brkr7e's I have a d16z6 in my rex. im also having idling issues. espaecially when warm. Im thinking my timing is off. im driving and i let of the gas, it misfires. Im been searching along the forums and of course it could be a bunch of things. I have no codes. Another question? could it be that since im still running obd0, it does this? Im real stumped. all i have is headers and exhaust. everything else is stock. stock pm6, stock dizzy, stock injectors, stock intake manifold.........answer 1st question ASAP if you can.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
have a haynes, or helms manual, like any good mechanic should.....?

the answers are in there.....

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
bkr7es plugs are gaped @.033... a pretty cold plug. Usually used for forced induction or nitrous. If your not FI or spraying, then that cold of a plug could be your problem. factory gap should be around .044

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6 or 5's. aight i'll do that. I live in LA(Cali) were the 405 and 10 FWY are my worst enemy. Meaning lots of traffic. The shop i go to gave me these and told me it would run better for those stop and go moments. anybody that has the same or similiar setup as i do. Have you exprience any of these things?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That cold of a plug in stopp and go trafic is not getting hot enough to reach proper tempeture. As you've been driving your slowly fouling your plugs. Get some 5's and gap them properly, that should help quite a bit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
they should come pre-gapped at .044, but i would check them to make sure.
cool. thanks for help homie. and the rest of you guys. How about the fact that im still OBD0 and my motor is OBD1. it does feel that im running a lil rich. Saving Gas is not its best feature. It's a 91 Si and i should be getting at least 28 to 30 mpg. if i convert do i need a FPG to help regulate the fuel pressure?.......................anybody?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts