Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, my engine seems to be running richer and richer to me, all the time.. i keep on trying to deny that it's my car that's smelling pig rich... but it's come down to it. i have to tune my engine. i have no real money to purchase a sensor and controller, so are there any other cheap alternatives? there aren't any dynos close enough to use them to tune, either.. what's a guy to do?

·
Registered
314 Posts
How do you know if its running really rich, im not questioning your technical ability, there are 2 things that can emit that smell without running rich. The fuel vapor purge canister can make that foul smell, and so can the EGR. If your gonna tune, I'd look for something good if your really serious about it. The AEM UEGO controller is pretty good I hear, I use the VAFC-II to tune my car, but there are so many options out there. The dyno is the only proof of power, and if your tuning, tune for power and fuel both find yourself a happy compromise. Dynos aint cheap, but its the only proof. Blind tuning (like me) only gets you so far.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Gruvytune on honda-tech is in the albany area. He street tunes people and has a very good reputation.
I would recommend having the car tuned for you if you can't buy your own wb02. Otherwise theres the Innovate LC1 for 200$... Need a laptop though.

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've got a laptop, and everything.. i am planning on running uberdata, too. i'm mainly just missing the O2 sensor, lol

i know i'm running rich because not only of the increased smell, but a drop in gas mileage.. if i go WOT it doesn't have the same pickup as if i was 95% throttle,all these little things i notice.

do any of those controllers you guys mention also have a narrowband simulator for the ECU?

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
ditto...I plan on getting the LC-1 as well.

S

·
0 Posts
OniFactor said:
but do those innovate ones have a simulated narrowband, for the ECU?
thats what i want to know, i have the safc2 and i was told that i need a wb02. but what about the sensor thats there, does the afc already know when i put a wide band02 sensor. hmm.. does any one have a SAFC2? i'd like to aske them some questions.

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
Do you have any experiance with these units?? Cause I know a lot of others are like 300-500... Would I waste my $$ with these??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts