Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, as most of you know, the florida meet is comin up... and i have a slippin clutch!!! ok.. so this is whats up.... once the motor is "warmed up and ready to go," the clutch isnt! i wanted to race my friend with a b20 vtec ej hatch, and when i went to dump the clutch from 4k, the clutch just wouldnt catch, i had to short shift just to get some catch! after he whooped my ass miserably, i pulled up next to him, and the smell of burnt clutch filled the air! ha ha! i guess 10psi is too much for a 6yr old oem clutch and plate! well, to make a long gay ass story short.. my clutch slips when i reach full boost! i figured somebody here on d had to have an ole clutch (anything is better than mine!) layin around, and maybe i could take it off your hands!!! i am hope'n to get a stage 2 clutch! but i........ am broke....

·
Registered
ej1
533 Posts
is your ej1 painted electron blue i see. so is mine, but i had the same fear that would happen when i was goin to turbo my car. the clutch splipped bad enough already and with the turbo i was sure it would slip when it hit full boost.

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kommon_sense said:
How much torque are you putting down? Take a look at the exedy organic racing clutch... Seems like I also heard that ACT has a new 6-puck with a sprung hub.
right at 160lb/ft... i would buy a new one.. but right now i dont have the room in my budget... :(

·
Registered
379 Posts
we warned you...

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what was i warned about? i dont remember you warning me bout nething? it is an old old old clutch, so i should've been expecting this, but for some reason i didnt???????? :?

·
Registered
379 Posts
yes, randall and I told you that you are gonna need a new clutch the night you showed us the pic of the whole turbo kit. We were chillin at fccj. We also mentioned sometime after that, the potential problem with boosting a motor with 150K. 10psi isn't gonna help that motor man. Seriously, I wouldn't drive it until you get that fixed, but thats just me. That's why I garaged my EJ, I was whoopin all over people, 3 pistons and all. But I decided it'd be in the best interest for my investment if I just let it sit 'til I could fix it. Do you're own thing, but I'm just givin you a heads up.

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Street2uned said:
yes, randall and I told you that you are gonna need a new clutch the night you showed us the pic of the whole turbo kit. We were chillin at fccj. We also mentioned sometime after that, the potential problem with boosting a motor with 150K. 10psi isn't gonna help that motor man. Seriously, I wouldn't drive it until you get that fixed, but thats just me. That's why I garaged my EJ, I was whoopin all over people, 3 pistons and all. But I decided it'd be in the best interest for my investment if I just let it sit 'til I could fix it. Do you're own thing, but I'm just givin you a heads up.
right now i am workin out a deal with this guy, where i am gonna give him the head of the b16 for a jdm d15bvtec with low miles... and possibly something even better.. like send the whole motor for a somewhat built bottom end... and i dont normally let it spool all the way to 10psi... normally shift befor 9psi comes around...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts