Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what ecu I need and I know I need the harness too cause its going into a 91 CRX HF but Its a 5 speed Tranny and need to make sure I get the right one and I appreciate the help and advice I am getting on here!!!

Can someone LMK anything info that will help
THanks
HENRY :shoot:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Convert to OBD-1 and use a P28. That's going to be easier than converting to OBD-2 in a OBD-0 car.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Question if I used the old harness and ecu and intake manifold till I got the new ones will it still work even though I know it will not engage the Vtec

also what is VTEC

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
VTEC is stands for Varible Timing and lift Electronic Control. Basicly your engine swithches to bigger cam lobes at higher RPMs. On the D-series engines it only works on the intake valves.

You can use a OBD-0 auto ecu and convert it to activate the VTEC solonoid if you don't want to do any serious work. Otherwise you can use most of your stock harness and use a conversion harness to change over to OBD-1. Check www.jkobd.com for what you need to convert the harness over.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
If you just need the stock for now until you get everything else I'll sell you my p2p ecu, which is what originally comes in the 96-00 EX's. It's for a 5-speed tranny too. I can't get you the harness because Im using it lol but I'll sell you the stock ECU if you just need it running. I'll sell it for around 70$ shipped. It's coming from a 2000 EX. For anyone who's 100% sure, there's nothing different from the 99-00 p2p comparted to the 96-98 p2p is there?

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Oh and by the way, Rywire makes good harnesses. I have one of theres.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts