Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Why cant you use the final drive out of a 88-91 DX/LX tranny? It also has a 3.888 final drive. Why must it be from a Dohc ZC? I'm just curious.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the differance from SI to dual cam ZC?? just curious. my friend told me to get the zc and put it in my Si tranny so it be a quiker gear ratio.

·
Registered
137 Posts
builtD16a6 said:
what is the differance from SI to dual cam ZC?? just curious. my friend told me to get the zc and put it in my Si tranny so it be a quiker gear ratio.
You need the ZC 3rd and 4th gears. The ZC final 3.88 will kill the performance of your Si tranny with a 4.25 final drive.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim Truett said:
You need the ZC 3rd and 4th gears. The ZC final 3.88 will kill the performance of your Si tranny with a 4.25 final drive.
so i want the 3rd and 4th not the final. im new to this whole tranny thing??

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,434 Posts
OK, are you running or planning on running the ZC equal length axles?????

If not, swap the ZC 3-4 into a Si tranny, keeping the CRX 1-2-5 and FD.

If keeping the ZC tranny and special axles, drop in the Si FD and CRX 5th or a lower .702 if you desire lower crusing rpms. The ZC needs the revs within reason.

IMHO a CRX/Civic Si tranny with ZC 3-4 is the best. The left over parts from the ZC can be made into a 40mm DX tranny, good for those boost junkies to install a OBX into.

Define your setup, your racing style, your goals, your parts you have to work with, and your budget.

·
Registered
137 Posts
builtD16a6 said:
so i want the 3rd and 4th not the final. im new to this whole tranny thing??
Yep. Here is a chart showing a stock Si and the hybrid S1/ZC/DX that I just built for my turbo car:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts