Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas, im getting rid of the 60mm B16 tb when I rebuild my motor, and getting a tad bigger, I want a 62mm to match my Edelbrock Performer-X.... which has a 62mm bore as well :) now is there any Honda Tb's that have exactly 62mm? I realllyl dont wanna spend 300 bucks on a Holley or BBK..... let me know thanks guys! oh its a 96 ex....

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
he probably had to to clean everything as part of the service.... and to make sure no shavings were not trapped anywhere

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just bore the b16 tb to a larger mm..
I would and for 100 bucks, thats a good deal, but here is the deal.... I cant have downtime right now.... daily driver and i REALLY dont wanna have a fucked up idle.... if he ends up removing the idle screw

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
the only fac 62mm I know of is a itr tb, I've priced them, and believe me, those bastards are not cheap :lol:

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the type r is 62mm and thats it...
you dont NEED a bigger one... its somethign that i wouldnt do unless is ent it to maxbore...
I am just thinking it would be a nice gain with the bigger bored intake mani..... and 62mmm is still not TOO big almost just right for 250whp

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jimmys correct. The ITR has a 62mm tb.

http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/ among other pages has a list.

I don't think an NA D16 will benefit from a tb larger than 60mm. If it turbo though, things are a bit different.
well I know about the ITR already but that is a bitch to find... a H22 will be much easier.... but yeah its turboed... so i THINK A bigger is necessary.... my 60mm is a tad small?? if I was still NA I would be keeping it.... but im not... lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts