Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know this topic must have been butchered on this forum a couple of times. Thinking to get a SKUNK 2 IM, for my setup. Is this worth it? Did it give you guys any gains at all? Just need some opinions. Discuss. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
s2 and blox=same
not really. There are alot of qualities of the skunk 2 that are better, mainly the r&d that went into the manifold. Yeah, the difference isnt huge, and probably not even noticable to the butt dyno unless you are boosting and producing insane numbers, but they arent the same thing.

BUT, i do think blox is a VERY nice buy.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
i got my skank 2 IM today...so excited to put this bad boy in. any rough numbers how much power i can gain from this?
put it on the dyno and you tell us. We dont know your setup so there is no way anyone could tell you.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Love mine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
put it on the dyno and you tell us. We dont know your setup so there is no way anyone could tell you.
my setup is td04-15g kit on d15b7, running on 450 cc blue top injectors, on 9 psi. just roughly at least 10 hp gain? oh yeah btw is the skunk 2 pro series intake manifold that I got. yeah i cant wait to get it on and get it dynod :grin:

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
?

my setup is td04-15g kit on d15b7, running on 450 cc blue top injectors, on 9 psi. just roughly at least 10 hp gain? oh yeah btw is the skunk 2 pro series intake manifold that I got. yeah i cant wait to get it on and get it dynod :grin:
why buy a manifold ? just turn up the boost. its not psi that break motors. its hp.

·
Registered
99 Posts
geez...you wont feel the true gains form that IM unless you get a throttle body port matched to it, and then the IM port matched to the head.
This is true, for the most part. Most mods don't effect a major change by themselves, particularly with bolt-ons...they are meant to be part of a chain of modifications that work together.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts