Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Integra
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i tried just getting my build together quickly so ebay wastegate was the best choice since they worked before... It opens as it should... luckily my friend has a tial for 100$

now i put on my intercooler kit and my friend had some sort of ebay bov and he wanted to hear it so i put it on for the time being.... once again opens as it should... luckily i have a synapse and greddy extra

THE TEST... i was told by some members on here to check vacuum leaks because my idle was strange

luckily i have yet another friend with a smoke vacuum leak machine and i hooked it up and guess where the 2 leaks were coming from?? you guessed right the ebay bov and i love taco taco wastegate... bov was from the two air outlets the wastegate was from where the electronic boost controller plugs and where the valve stem goes in to the top of wastegate

CONCLUSION these parts will work just to get your build going but will limit you from full potential

bov and wastegate in my showcase thread
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/163092-ghettoist-build-you-have-seen-long-time-probably-your-entire-life.html

·
Registered
Integra
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah pressurized

for the wastegate nipple you mean what the vacuum hose attaches to?

i just swapped out the bov for my greddy

and the wastegate i put mad gasket maker on the nut the valve goes thru at the bottom and super glued/ gasket maker on the base of the rubber divider...

we will see if this is a decent temporary fix

just waiting for it to dry now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts