Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT JUST SEEMS THAT THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT THROWS A SPANNER IN ALL YOUR PLANS

NO.1 had this weird noise coming from my tranny but it has gone now and I don`t know whether to worry or not about it, I.S.B`s don`t just fix themselves I will assume

NO.2 had this funny wobble coming from driver side rear wheel (sussed that it was one of the bushes, cracked and corroded like fook) NOTE:this is a common problem as it is not the first civic I have had with the exact same problem

NO.3 my mate undone the passenger window and the bloody thing nearly flew off, so I whipped off the door card and the runner was dry as a grannies minge and was causing the runner arm to catch and flick out,so I lubed that bitch up seems fine now

NO.4 driving back in heavy rain with wipers at full speed then all of a sudden the driver side wiper flicks to the right and starts flapping in the wind nearly getting smashed off by oncoming traffic, so I whipped that off to find that the motor had sheered all the teeth off where it connects to the wiper arm, but I managed to get a new one from scrappy so no biggie

NO.5 pull up to a turn…stick it in second….turn…onto straight…motor cuts out but as I had the tunes up fairly loud I didn`t suss straight away coz the tunes and lights stayed on, I realized when the steering lock came on W.T.F? I`ll have a look on here to see if anyone else has had this! Think it might just be a loose ground I will have to check

NO.6 now the fog and rear demist buttons keep flicking on and off and it`s driving me mental! Arrrrggggghhhhhhhh:noway:

All this in the space of a month!!:wtf:

I just like things to work and not have to spend my time fookin around with sh!tty little jobs like this! I have better things to do with my time!

Do all civics just fall to pieces?? anyone else had similar problems?

·
Registered
255 Posts
if i was u i would buy a new car :D

let the workshop warranty look afta those problems :p

i guess u just got a lemon of a car

well considering the age there are bound to be problems with any car of that age.so b considerate when buying a old car coz there will bound to have problems.. just how long are you gonna tolerate it.. and if u do fix it well then it wont ever happen again..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i guess i have missed the fact that it is 11 years old, mechanically it has been sound just a few minor problems but it still goes nicely, its just that i seem to put more money into just fixing these minor issues than i want to, i want the D15B block and to boost it but cash is fairly strapped this time of year being christmas an all so i quess i will just have to be patient and deal with this b.s for a while longer, just hope the next engine doesn`t have the same issues cos that would be fukd up and like you say once the bits that go wrong are replaced it should be good for a while but its just that they all came at once which has pissed me off

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Buddy I have a coupe 94 and it's a love or hate it! lol
you got a thing for sure it's a 10+ years old car. As every car this old, it may need special attention for mechanical units worning out.

My car had pretty same synthoms as yours.

My wipers will Knock at the base and the driver side will pass the A pillar eventually getting out of the windshield. (i need new motors)

I had massive floods in the trunk, changed the taillights gaskets, no work, checked the weather strip no work. fount that my spoiler press down enough at high speed to make a gap between the seal and trunk allowing water to enter. (fixed by using a taller weather strip)

My drive train is so noisy, I have to replace all the bushings (OEM bushing life is 10 years)

your car needs love.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
NO.6 now the fog and rear demist buttons keep flicking on and off and it`s driving me mental! Arrrrggggghhhhhhhh:noway:
If you are saying that they turn off after a certain amount of time then i think that is normal. Mine in my 98 civic turn off after a while when i'm driving.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
nah the buttons keep going on and off like they are competing with each other, it`s fairly distracting! i try to give alot of love to my Honda, if i replace something its performance parts all the way, cash is usually not an issue. So... if i spend enough money eventually the only original part on my car will be the actual bodywork

·
Registered
255 Posts
hehe yeah but u gotta b lucky tho.. some of the peugeots brand new .. that come into work have more problems with their new car rather then our older cars :D thats the only reason why i love my civic.. nice and simple to fix.. and alot cheaper too :D

so u gotta think of that as well :D

most new cars if there is a problem.. the cost to fix would b heaps if out of warranty...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i know, my bro has a peugeot 205 1.9 gti and parts for that beast are well bad expensive and unreliable, Euro cars are wank though they put them together with spit and glue so when you buy one you should get another just in case cos you know its gonna blow, jap all the way so many tuning options.

even things like paint don`t stand the test of time on Euro, i`ve seen some citroens on 05 plates that look like they were sprayed by narcaleptics, i`ve still got the original paint on mine and i get people asking me where i got it resprayed, i`m like nah mate just gave it a good polish!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts