Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was out and about tonight and this primered ek keeps fuckin with me. a few lights later we get a red light with no traffic:). im like hell yea lets see what she's got(my motor). i had him in first and then chirped to second and then going into third he starts to pass me. damn it!! so we keep racing and everytime he bearly gets me. i was kinda dissapointed because i thought i was fast considering i have low comp pistons. well this time he is on my gf's side (my window doesnt roll down) and i hear a BOV. i was like wtf hahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHA. i asked what he had and it has a turbo h22!! HAHAHAHA. OMFG are you serious!! i bet if i tune it some more i will get him.

HAHAHAHA

btw i DONT have a turbo yet

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
sure he wasn't messin with ya? he probably let you win off the line knowing traction would be a big issue.
not knocking you but just dont bet any money just yet:beer:

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i know he was trying. i didnt peel out either( i have traction issues also). either way i thought it was funny when i told him it was a d-series. i have my stock tires right now. i know his passenger was like whoa and he only has a d-series.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
civic97 said:
i know his passenger was like whoa and he only has a d-series.
that's all they need to know too:TU::beer:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Wow, did you see a front mount on the car, I know you can buy some fake bov system for cars LOL. But if it was turbo and the guy wasnt lying the that is awesome :TU:

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NastyHabitzCRX said:
that's all they need to know too:TU::beer:
hellz yea. i said it laughing like all i have is a d-series.

Sohc Wrath said:
Wow, did you see a front mount on the car, I know you can buy some fake bov system for cars LOL. But if it was turbo and the guy wasnt lying the that is awesome
i didnt see the IC but he was poping when he was fucking with me again. i could here it spool up and then a baby BOV. he did have an apexi thing. either way i thought one would walk all over me turbo or not. i should have raced this prelude that was reving it on me right before this guy.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
I'm not a fan of street racing, but I won't give you the 5th degree on it... I used to do it until I had a near wreck exp.

Anywho, sounds like you had some fun lol

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Yeah, N/A in light cars FTW. It's the reason I still love Honda's. :smile:

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Bwahahahahahahaha, geterdun. :TU: I bet if the guy knew you were running a low comp. he'd really be embarassed. What all do you have done to her as of now and how soon til' you boost her?

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
I dunno much about engine building but wouldnt low comp pistons slow decrease the hp of the engine? Thats a cool story, but you have to understand its kinda hard to believe, I mean a H22 in a EK ....NA that would be fast......TURBO is crazy fast even if only on a couple of PSi....something just doesnt add up, you have a NA D with low comp pistons....how does lowering your comp ratio make you faster?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
97 ex coupe
y8 head pnp by portflow
super tech valves, crower springs, ret, stg 2 na cam(will change when turbo) milled .020, adj cam gear
y8 block decked .010
wesico low comp 75.5 pistons, eagle rods
aem cai, 60mm tb, dc header, 2 1/4 pipe (i dont remember)
stage 2 clutch, light flywheel
p06 converted to p28 ( cromepro, ostrich, wb)

i think thats it. i understand its weired but thats what he said he had. i didnt see it for my own eyes but i know he really did have a turbo. if he lied why would he lie up?? i would have lied down. after he told me what he had i was like wtf i only have a low comp d-series lol.

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
I guess with head work you are making good power, but a jdm h22 is between 200-220hp Im not sure you are making that much and he is turbo on top of that, it could be driver!!!

When I first got my EG with B16 IHE, I raced a stock 99 si coupe and I lost even with less weight and more mods.........Driver

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hondajosh said:
I guess with head work you are making good power, but a jdm h22 is between 200-220hp Im not sure you are making that much and he is turbo on top of that, it could be driver!!!

When I first got my EG with B16 IHE, I raced a stock 99 si coupe and I lost even with less weight and more mods.........Driver
well then this guy sucks at driving or not tuned right. like i said he was poping. btw he was all cocky like "its got a h22 turbo:fag:". then the guy says i got some rims for sale lol.

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
yeah he must REALLLLLY SUCK at driving (.....im not gonna say ur car is super-slow..cuz MINE IS..lol..but ive seen a handful of H22s in CRX's, coupes, n hatches..and they MOOOOVVVEEE..oh well..more power to u...esp. when u go turbo...haha..rep them SOHC's!!!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
either way if he had an h22 or not he was turbo. if i see him again im going to tell him to pull over so i can find out for sure. i just know i might have to fight his friend because he was all hanging out the car acting like a dumbass. damn i need to get my d-series.org stickers so i can rep it up!!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bump cuz friday night shes going out again. with a tuneup and playing with the ecu,cam. anyone know what i should start with?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts