Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have 2 choices when it comes to my h22 right now. I can either use my stock usdm 10.2:1 pistons or I have a set of h22 type S pistons that give me 11:1...would I be good for 6-9psi on 11:1?...It's a toss up...i'm lookin for around 250whp and around 200wtq

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I would do it!! HIgh comp and boost=FUN!!!! Just make sure the tune is conservative!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
transzex said:
9.5-10.25 with a SC
10.2 is the lowest stock h22 (that's what my pistons are now)...but i have 11:1 new type S pistons that are 11:1...basically i should just stick with my stockers then eh?...just get new rings when it's rebuilt?...I really want to run 9psi

C

·
0 Posts
If you're rebuilding it stack the head gasket to lower the compression a little bit. As long as you have a good tune you should be fine to run the 11:1s, just make sure you have enough fuel management.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
CivMoeEJ8 said:
If you're rebuilding it stack the head gasket to lower the compression a little bit. As long as you have a good tune you should be fine to run the 11:1s, just make sure you have enough fuel management.
no need to stack, just buy a Cometic thats thicker than stock. they make a ton of different sizes

·
Registered
98 Lx sedan
301 Posts
you don't need as much boost when you run higher compression to get the same power. it's all in how much boost and compression. Some of the guys I know that build drag cars are running 10.5-11.5. the more compression, the more fuel. They use sleeved B16 blocks.

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
with the H2B it might, because the engine sits backwards in the preludes, and it will sit straight up and down in a crx.

nothing a little fabbing of the firewall can't fix.

actually the jrsc doesn't fit in the prelude chassis with an h22, unless you pull the engine to do it or modify the fire wall.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts