Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive been noticin that my Y7 has good low-en to mid power..with I/IM/H/E..AEM pulleys..and that is b'cuz of the Y7 ecu and what it is designed for...this i know...and i got it pretty much in my head

what i cant seem to find out...is how i can open up the power band up top..with my current setup if possible....im using my 190 injectors..i have 240's sitting around...and i am way too lazy to take the time nor do i feel like i have the time to learn e-management...or do an ECU conversion...

will an adj. cam gear help me out if i play with the cam timing?..say retarding 2 degrees...

i mean i dont even know y its that important since i dont race.....but its b'coming an irritation to me (just one of them things)..when i hit 5 grand...n my cars acceleration seems to decrease..anybody have any input?

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you might wanna go with a more agressive cam and an adjustable cam gear.
or there's always turbo! ;)
yeah u knowwww...turbo has been on my mind..n i ahve vouced to ahve my enxt car turbo'd..if not the D...but as of right now...i cant c myself with it Turbo'd..n as far as cam..i dont have another car to get around..so i cant send my out for a regrind..

i mean iw as wondering if i could use existing cam..and adj. cam gear...n possibly putting in the 240's...but i just dont know how to set that shit up to get the power where i want and not run rich..ro throw codes..i cant find anything on that..n i know that a tune would yield me the most results..but i find bolt-ons so much easier to deal with...lol

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
you have a 4-2-1 i assume? 4-1 would help more w/ top-end. Also... don't you have an auto? lol
Cam, internals, and a manual tranny are the only ways to get substainal power out of your n/a motor....

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a Y8...it was complete...just swapped in my 190's...

xcthc- tahts what i was saying...i mean my power ranged between 2500-4600...big ass difference...thats wher ei feel the most kick...but once i get around5 grand..to rev limit...i dont feel that pull anymore..till the car shifts back to 3500...

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
you have a 4-2-1 i assume? 4-1 would help more w/ top-end. Also... don't you have an auto? lol
Cam, internals, and a manual tranny are the only ways to get substainal power out of your n/a motor....
yeah that fucking auto.,...hahaha...tranny was my next thought for a mod too!..lol..but still even with a tranny swap...wont my engine characteristics still remain the same

im so mad..my dad had the G35 shipped to GA..cause the rents r moving there...so now i have no manual car to play with...6th gear going up hill the G pulled harder then my D on a str8 away...everytime i drive that car...im like DAMN u D...

but then again..i cant c myself without the little guy..lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
what ecu are you running? the Y8's came with the 240's so i would use those if your running a P2p. Is your vtec working?

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what ecu are you running? the Y8's came with the 240's so i would use those if your running a P2p. Is your vtec working?
nope.stock Y7 ecu (p2e?)..im not so hot on ecu's...non vtec nonetheless..if iw as using a P2P...then i woulda put my 240s in

·
Registered
255 Posts
You would see a big improvement with the P2p...Im just wondering why you swapped the Y8 and didnt run vtec?

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You would see a big improvement with the P2p...Im just wondering why you swapped the Y8 and didnt run vtec?
oh im sry dude...u probably got it wrong.. when i answered Y8...as in i swapped in the Y8 intake manifold..not the engine or head...

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think he said he just swapped to the Y8 the manifold? Correct me if I misread something. If he had put the Y8 head on THEN he could use the P2P. The Y7 is not VTEC.
yeah thats right..now they r suggesting i put the Y8 head...the rela question was..without major modification..mini-me =major mod...with current setup..can i get it done?

·
Registered
00 Civic Coupe
267 Posts
I would go for the cam gear that you were talking about. You can use that to slightly modify your powerband. You also might be able to find a cam out of a head at a salvage yard or maybe ebay, that you could send to be reground.

·
Registered
Honda Civic LX
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would go for the cam gear that you were talking about. You can use that to slightly modify your powerband. You also might be able to find a cam out of a head at a salvage yard or maybe ebay, that you could send to be reground.
come to think of it...i think the guy who did my exhaust..told me he had a non-vtec head lying around he didint remember from what....hrmmm...maybe i should take that head and work on it....good job reminding me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts