Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is the question that i know yall are gonna give me hell about. Well pleas reframe from it.

I am wondering what are the bad things about ssac turbo kits? i know that people say the manifolds are bad but i have yet to hear any feedback from a person that actually has a ssac kit.

All feedback would be appreciated. AND LIKE I SAID. I KNOW THIS IS "ONE OF THOES QUESTIONS" SO PLEAS REFRAME FROM THE SMART ASS COMENTS.

Thanks,
Michael

K

·
0 Posts
Heres the thing, number one :they are total shit: number two ,they are total shit and finally number three :they are total shit.

Hahaha couldnt resist. In all seriousness, some people have used these kits and havent had any troubles. I myself would stay away from there mani's and turbos, but there other stuff like IC's, BOV, and all the rest seem to actually work great for the price.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
it's due to the welds, thickness of tubing they use, and the fact that it looks like they just don't spend anytime on their stuff. like ^^he said, some people run them and have no problems, but more than likely you will have a lot of trouble...more so than it's worth. just do it right the first time and get good quality stuff. you'll thank yourself later.

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
we ran it had no problems with it, ive heard theve fixed the mani problem too

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I'm running their new mani with a good thick brace I made out of solid 1" x 1/4" steel stock. No cracks yet after 6 months. I would not reccomend someone else to use one though because they are shit and quite honestly I dont trust it. I'm reluctant to drive very far from home with the car because I dont want to be stranded if something does go wrong.

I have a nice cast backup mani ready to go in when it takes a dump, or until spring rolls around. Which ever comes first.

You are going to hear this over and over again... Just do it right the first time. Save time, save money, save heartache. Trust me on this one bro

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
i mean in all honesty with a good brace i think it would hold up with 6psi on a daily driver no problem , sure it looks like crap, i'm buying one today in fact with a kit i'll letyou know how it works out

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
NEP-tuningalltheway said:
we ran it had no problems with it, ive heard theve fixed the mani problem too
my friend had one of their new ones on his turob civic with a t70! he said the manifold was very well supported and he had no trouble with it all all. both the turbo and the manifold was from ssac.

maybe their manifolds finally are being built right with proper bracing

·
Registered
784 Posts
The main problem with SSAC products it the fact they are being sold by morons and assembled by simpletons. With that said, there are two different people in the car world.

1) People who are cheap and use their knowledge/abilities to make cheap/flawed stuff work.
2) People who don't want the hassle of dealing with stuff that is crap and just spend the extra money and "do it right the first time."

Neither person is right or wrong, just different schools of thought.

My personal stance on SSAC products are as follows.
Manifolds=fine with a brace.
BOVs=Need to be disassembled to verify everything is put together correctly
WG's=Need to be disassembled to verify everything is put together correctly
Downpipes = Could crack over time because of poor weld quality
Turbos = I really believe for the most part they are crap. I think with a proper feed line/restrictor and good return line there would be less failures. But regardless I dont trust them much. something spinning at very high rpm's needs precision machining to not fail.
Intercoolers=Pressure test them, but for the money they seem great.
Various piping = I wouldnt be surprised if the bend quality is poopy and the material used is poopy.
Bolts/clamps/ect = I would inspect each part to make sure it works. Pressure test the stuff.

Basically assume its broken. Look it over. If it looks good, then pretend like you repaired it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts