Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I drive with my lights on during the daybreak/sunset hours, I always leave my lights on due to lack of reminder. My "Honda jingle" doesn't seem to be working. It's all hooked into my driver door I believe (this is what I have come down too). I have check all of the fuses etc. Everything should be in proper working order, and the thing that tells if the door is open/closed is not blocked.

The lights jingle, key jingle, and over head light dome do not work when the driver side door is open. Only when the passenger side door is open is when the dome light works.

So I guess my question is, what's next to check? The wiring that goes into the door maybe? I know when it rains, it tends to rain inside of my doors due to the lack of weather stripping on the exterior side. I also know that when I open my door when the radio is on, my speaker cuts in and out. Am I going to have to rewire the entire thing?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
the sensor for your doors isn't in the door, its in the body down by the bottom of the seat. its a pressure switch. its held in by 1 Phillips screw. google a Honda fsm for your year of car, download it, and do the trouble shooting. I wasn't aware our cars had headlight buzzers or door buzzers though.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I know my 4Gs don't have a buzzer for the headlights...but I did pull that damn door buzzer out of the CRX and smashed it with a 5lb minisledge!

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the sensor for your doors isn't in the door, its in the body down by the bottom of the seat. its a pressure switch. its held in by 1 Phillips screw. google a Honda fsm for your year of car, download it, and do the trouble shooting. I wasn't aware our cars had headlight buzzers or door buzzers though.
Can do thank you. All of my vehicles have had the buzzers, so I have been curious as to why they haven't been reminding me.

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know my 4Gs don't have a buzzer for the headlights...but I did pull that damn door buzzer out of the CRX and smashed it with a 5lb minisledge!
I thought aboutdoing that in my '96 CD5, but now I am glad I didn't because I see the importance lol

·
4,102 Posts
the 96-00 have chimes for key in - door open, but for 92-95 I think we only got the dome light on when door is open. hell, only chimes I get is for seat belt

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I would use a programmable timer like a PAC TR-7 and set it up to simply kill the headlight circuit after ignition has been off for a preset time, like 45 seconds. Fuck a chime, just make them turn off by themselves

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
^ I hate the chimes myself, that is a good idea right there. ^

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
rig a relay that is powered by ignition, and grounds when no ignition pwoer is present. hook the relays output to a lgiht or buzzer, and signal to a headlight or parking light wire

car off, lights on, it would output power to the lights or buzzer

BTW your buzzer should be working when car is off, key is in the igniton, and a door is open.

If not, either door switch is bad or buzzer is bad

DO NOT make the mistake of taking my wiring advice for truth. Research and verify. Im not in a proepr thinking mode. Been super busy at shop and relaxing on lunch break lol

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
5th gens don't come with them, neither do Del Sols.

I don't think tegs do either but I haven't driven my GSR in so long I can't remember :(

·
4,102 Posts
I believe the jdm integras do as per deschlong, but he also said to use the 96-00 icm

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
5th gens don't come with them, neither do Del Sols.

I don't think tegs do either but I haven't driven my GSR in so long I can't remember :(

Good to know, I thought I was starting to go crazy. However, my '95 GSR did have the Honda jingle. I almost ripped that one out as well.

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rig a relay that is powered by ignition, and grounds when no ignition pwoer is present. hook the relays output to a lgiht or buzzer, and signal to a headlight or parking light wire

car off, lights on, it would output power to the lights or buzzer

BTW your buzzer should be working when car is off, key is in the igniton, and a door is open.

If not, either door switch is bad or buzzer is bad

DO NOT make the mistake of taking my wiring advice for truth. Research and verify. Im not in a proepr thinking mode. Been super busy at shop and relaxing on lunch break lol

Thanks for the tips, and for taking time out of your lunch break to help a poor soul like me haha

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the 96-00 have chimes for key in - door open, but for 92-95 I think we only got the dome light on when door is open. hell, only chimes I get is for seat belt
Mine won't even chime for the seat belt. I do know that my car is a complete wiring MESS.

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would use a programmable timer like a PAC TR-7 and set it up to simply kill the headlight circuit after ignition has been off for a preset time, like 45 seconds. Fuck a chime, just make them turn off by themselves
Kind of like the newer cars? I know the 98-01 Accords have them (probably all others newer than that too). I remember flipping out every time my friend would leave his lights on. I always thought it was a bad habit to get into though. Relying on a mechanical system to control your lights lol

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
get in the habit of looking back at your car when you lock it
I did actually did this AM...but my headlight casings are so shot, that I honestly couldn't tell they were on. Thankfully someone else did. I have the passenger side, just waiting on the driver side headlight to get here.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
I owned a 94 CX and currently own a 95 EX, 94 del slo VTEC, 92 CX, and 94 Integra LS. The Teg is the ONLY car that has a chime for the headlights (which I happen to like the sound of). All the rest only have a chime for the key in while door is open.

In that DIY link above you can hear what the key in while door open sounds: "bibibibeep, bibibibeep..." I also recommend the VW chimes, they're the least annoying I've found so far & easy to wire in.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
2 of my 5th gens had it. perhaps they were wired in or swapped in at some point. VERY possible. Yes, now that I am reminded, at least 6 of my other 5th gen ownerships did not have a lights on beep.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts