Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come whenever i go to a performance shop in st louis, everyone always looks at me like im a fucking retard for even thinking about turbocharging a d15??? i know that its old with 130xxx miles but seriously, i just want to get my car tuned afterwards.... do i have to seriously get all the shit for trying something different... there are too many B series motors out there that ar turboed, why cant i just get a car tuned without all the shit... input please?

also, anyone know of any shops in st louis that know what the fuck they are doing when it comes to d-series engines??

btw, im doing it spring break, and im only a wastegate away... anyone have a 38mm wastegate?

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
thsmrtone1 said:
how come whenever i go to a performance shop in st louis, everyone always looks at me like im a fucking retard for even thinking about turbocharging a d15??? i know that its old with 130xxx miles but seriously, i just want to get my car tuned afterwards.... do i have to seriously get all the shit for trying something different... there are too many B series motors out there that ar turboed, why cant i just get a car tuned without all the shit... input please?

also, anyone know of any shops in st louis that know what the fuck they are doing when it comes to d-series engines??

btw, im doing it spring break, and im only a wastegate away... anyone have a 38mm wastegate?
The shops wanna make money.... adrenaline will always tell you to swap... so i said fuck it and did the turbo myself...

for tuning i would go to John @ lightspeed.... whitemike on here got his built supercharged d series tuned there and said they are pretty good... imma go there when i get my tranny swap finished up to get my turbo d16 tuned...

if you need anything just holla

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
00kickercivic said:
The shops wanna make money.... adrenaline will always tell you to swap... so i said fuck it and did the turbo myself...

for tuning i would go to John @ lightspeed.... whitemike on here got his built supercharged d series tuned there and said they are pretty good... imma go there when i get my tranny swap finished up to get my turbo d16 tuned...

talk to this dude and whitemike, the St Louis boosted D-series KANGS !!!

and Vash_VTS for all your parts, and he's a d-series.org affiliate - so no need to worry when buying parts from him :TU:

·
Registered
194 Posts
For what most people want out of there engine's. D' series motor's, they are capable enough. I guess most shop's are either go hard or go home, and unless you leave your wallet they don't want to help you.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
00kickercivic said:

it was lightspeed that i went to... i was talking to some asian guy and he was shitting on me like noone ever has. it would be kinda nice though to hear some feed back success stories about people turboing a d15 who have had it turbocharged for awhile. any other performance shops in stl who have good experience with SOHC's???

W

·
0 Posts
/\ well im sure there are people on here with d15's turboed running good times but once the car is done and crap and your making like 200 hp go up to the same guy/shop and ask for turbo parts lol

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
go back there, and ask him how much it would cost to swap (and make sure he gives you a complete list in writing). whip out your wang, piss all over it, and tell him to go fuck himself because you can make a turbo kit with more power for a fraction of the price.

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
Sonny7730 said:
go back there, and ask him how much it would cost to swap (and make sure he gives you a complete list in writing). whip out your wang, piss all over it, and tell him to go fuck himself because you can make a turbo kit with more power for a fraction of the price.
thanks for the new sig lmfao!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whatthehell1051 said:
/\ well im sure there are people on here with d15's turboed running good times but once the car is done and crap and your making like 200 hp go up to the same guy/shop and ask for turbo parts lol
hell ya i sho will, and ill go again a year later when its still running and be like: didnt you tell me my car would blow up after 2 weeks?!?!?!?! maybe ill even do a dyno run then. but seriously is there a fucking shop in the city of st louis with a smart fucking guy who knows what the hell he is talking about. im tired of all these trendy rice shops.

W

·
0 Posts
/\ most shops are like that to catch ricers eye so they buy their crap i know two shop owners and they don't know shit. you would have better luck at a performance muffer shop---seriously

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whatthehell1051 said:
/\ most shops are like that to catch ricers eye so they buy their crap i know two shop owners and they don't know shit. you would have better luck at a performance muffer shop---seriously
ha ha probably, but i have another question... do i have to tune my car on a dyno? im not too familiar with burning chips yet and i dont know a whole lot about tuning, but isnt there a way to just data log myself and tune it myself? i guess i should probably read more in the diy engine management section...

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
thsmrtone1 said:
it was lightspeed that i went to... i was talking to some asian guy and he was shitting on me like noone ever has. it would be kinda nice though to hear some feed back success stories about people turboing a d15 who have had it turbocharged for awhile. any other performance shops in stl who have good experience with SOHC's???
from what mike told me... the asians dont know shit there... ask for a John.

mike did his dynotuning and all on his sc'd d series there.

adrenaline has some nice peeps workin there... chuck and susie are great... but they will push you to swap.

check out www.stlsr.com and ask around there as well.... its a STL based site, just be prepared to be heard to swap there as well

·
Registered
446 Posts
yea bro welcome to the sohc lol i get so many people that tell me im crazy and not to spend money on the d-series motor but what they dont kno is that turbo'd it will eat b-series motor and rip shit apart on the street they dont relize that a light ass car with a turbo single cam can move.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
civicspy70 said:
For what most people want out of there engine's. D' series motor's, they are capable enough. I guess most shop's are either go hard or go home, and unless you leave your wallet they don't want to help you.
very well said bro!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts