Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 1990 crx dx and i just swappe din a d16y7 cuz i needed an engine quick, and i also have a d15b with messe dup piston rings. i want to build a abd ass d but cant get any info from m crew which features a 11-sec k20 eg, 12 sec- ls/vtec eg, and a 12- second h22 eg. i want to do at 13's n/a. help cuz i'm the only one reppin the d-series and the ef's and i want to so them you aitn got to spend a million dollars to have a bad ass car.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well hopefully i will get my dads d16y7 soon. Ive thought a lot. If you strip the interior, crome tune, aggressive regrind, pm7 pistons, new intake manifold an expensive header y8 trans new flywheel and clutch, my short shifter and some i/e. YOu might make it. There is a crx on here who is running 13's n/a i forgot his name, maybe bigtuna. Pm him to see what he has done. You most importantly need to learn to drive.

Reactions: slowturbocx

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
extreme weight savings... high comp, fat cam etc.
you can find all the info you need by searching.. but just so you know a 13 second na d is pretty far out there unless its a full out drag car

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yeah he knows, hes a king in these parts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ye ai know a 113 is a bit far fetched, i was happy getting a 15.8 out of my 1991 civic si with a SOHC (zc) with intake, exhaust, and a underive pulley. i am hoping to do alot better than 1.8 since im gonna have a lighter car. with the d16y7 w/ d15b head and a si tranny.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just want to prove my boys wrong and show them what a d has to offer cuz they constantly talk crap about my love for the d-series.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Heres the deal. You hardly make any power from the exhaust on a civic, the header is where there is power. The smsp header, though it might not fit boasts a 17hp gain and has become a platform for many to build off due to such great gains.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey how har was it to do the swap ive got a 91 civic and i just got the d16y7 for it from a freind its dpfi now switching to mpfi and do i have to get the plug to convert the distributer to obdo

·
Premium Member
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
SMSP header has never been tested on a Y7. To my knowledge I'm the only person with a Y7 running an SMSP header.

I have a stock Y7 w/ custom big tube stainless 4-1 SMSP header and SMSP race exhaust on stock Y7 ECU and it did not give me 17 hp. Feels a lot better than stock but I won't put a number on it. Needs to be tuned. 13's is easy for a EF. Before the header I ran a 16.3 in my 96 DX hatch (2,350 pounds with me in it and 1/4 tank). EX trans, 4.71 FD, Action 1MD clutch, Fidazna fw, Omnipower CMC, Azenis.

·
Registered
284 Posts
you CAN'T make a fast straightline NA d on a budget .

·
Registered
97 EK
104 Posts
you can get your engine there, and in the 13's, but I don't know about doing it for so cheap you will be showing your friends something. I think it is going to dig a deeper hole in your pocket than you are realizing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts