Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed all the brss feed line fitting onto the block........can someone please tell me if it looks ok?

I used all teflon tape on of the threads/fittings, and screw them down very snug. I believe i installed it correctly with the stock oil pressure sensor and what not, but io thought i would get opinions as if it looks okay or not?

here is the pic of it:

Also, there is a black pipe that runs right above where i installed the oil feed line into the block.......on the right side of the pipe, I pulled it out of the block.......I was wondering if there was anything special i had to do to reseat the o-ring other than pushing it back in?

here is what im talking about.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oil line looks fine to me.

as long as the o-ring isnt fucked up, you dont have to worry about that pipe
im pretty sure the o-rung is okay......i say that because when i pulled it out, coolant went everywhere, it basically just poured out if it. When i put it back in it stoped leaking.....so i think it will be okay. When it is under pressue and circulating will be the real test i guess, but i think it will be good, i just wanted to be sure that pushing it back in was enough to reseal it.

thanks for the input everyone :TU:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I don't know this from experience, but I've read that many people don't run the tee right off the block. The extra weight of the sending unit and the feed line along with vibration cause the tee to crack and break off. A lot of the setups I've seen have a line going out of the block to the firewall where a tee is mounted then the turbo feed and sending unit are attached to it there. This is how I will be doing it.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know this from experience, but I've read that many people don't run the tee right off the block. The extra weight of the sending unit and the feed line along with vibration cause the tee to crack and break off. A lot of the setups I've seen have a line going out of the block to the firewall where a tee is mounted then the turbo feed and sending unit are attached to it there. This is how I will be doing it.
hmmm..........can anyone verify this? Ive always seen them ran off of the block like that.....i dont think that there will be enough vibration on the motor to crack the t fitting, but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I ran mine off the back of my block and have had no problems yet, *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ran mine off the back of my block and have had no problems yet, *knocks on wood*
im knocking on wood as well.....but i dont see any problems coming from it.....(knocking on wood again!!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts