Honda D Series Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Jdmaltezzacivic said:
My timing is at 17 deg. And my cam gear is at 0. Also now my ecu is throwing 4 check engine codes. Knock sensor failure. Miss Fire Cylinder 1,2,3. And this is only since the valve adjust to what builthatch had suggested from crower 4 intake 6 exhaust. Any suggestions builthatch whats going on there. Is my knock sensor really bad or is it because of the stage 3 cams lope. My car does not sound like it is miss firing and it runs really strong. And yes i know i need to get my car on a dyno i just have not saved up the money yet to do that also because my engine build is not done.
Set your timing to 10deg and see how it acts.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Jdmaltezzacivic said:
My timing is at 17 deg. And my cam gear is at 0. Also now my ecu is throwing 4 check engine codes. Knock sensor failure. Miss Fire Cylinder 1,2,3. And this is only since the valve adjust to what builthatch had suggested from crower 4 intake 6 exhaust. Any suggestions builthatch whats going on there. Is my knock sensor really bad or is it because of the stage 3 cams lope. My car does not sound like it is miss firing and it runs really strong. And yes i know i need to get my car on a dyno i just have not saved up the money yet to do that also because my engine build is not done.
i would reset the ecu and put your timing @ 10 like jam said to see if it'll keep the codes from coming back. You need to make sure that the lash was done 4/6 without too much drag on the feeler. maybe try 6 and 8 again just to see if the codes come back, along with the retarded timing

S

·
0 Posts
this sounds like a good cam, should i run this cam or should i get the zex 59300 stage 2. im likeing the zex i deal becaus i can get that cam and springs for the price i would pay for the crower

81 - 84 of 84 Posts