Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a mini me my car is thowing a code 9 i need to know what to do im going to try to see if its the dissy but cold there be other factors in to why its giving me this code

·
Registered
00 civic
371 Posts
what combination motor are you running and what obd.

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
d15bvtec head b7 bottom end obd1 and p28 ecu i like the sticker u have where can i get one at lol

·
Banned
307 Posts
9 CYP - cylinder sensor

Theres 3 sensors in the distributor CKP, TDC, CYP. Those are not replacable. You can't order them from honda or any aftermarket auto store. they are built into the distributor. You need to get another distributor. Just go to a local junkyard or call haprecycling.com. I recommend a oem used one, I bought a rebuild one from haprecycling and within 2 months I went through 3 distributors. I finally told them to give me a used oem on or my money back. So far after 2.5 years I've had no problems with it. The only things replaceable on distributors are the caps, rotors, ignition module and coils.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
the sensor is inside the dizzy, so changing it with a known good one will fix the problem. unless you have a broken wire in the harness like i did. i got lucky and stumbled across mine...

the car should still drive fine with that code. it doesnt affect driveability at all

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
the sensor is inside the dizzy, so changing it with a known good one will fix the problem. unless you have a broken wire in the harness like i did. i got lucky and stumbled across mine...

the car should still drive fine with that code. it doesnt affect driveability at all
same here I had that code on my old d16/y8 mini me car drove fine

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ok my car timeing is off becasue of the CEL when today the car started and rev to 3 k then when down to 1k then back up to 3k then back to 1k like the car is trying to calm down then goes back up whats up with that could it be thet ecu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts