Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so im trying to seperate an si tranny from a z6 block. i got the starter off and 2 bolts. the other three wont budge worth a damn. any suggestions??

also when disassembling the crank to pull it out i was taking the bolts off and now there are three bolts left that wont budge. any suggestions on them. its on the crank girdle

any help would be awesome! i have an impact gun that i was using...should i just keep hitting away at it? is there any kind of lubricant/chemical that would help?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
IIRC, it's not a good idea to use an impact gun on engine internals. can deform the threads I believe.

you need a breaker bar.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
big pipe attachment

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
IIRC, it's not a good idea to use an impact gun on engine internals. can deform the threads I believe.

you need a breaker bar.
once again he isnt using it on ENGINE internals, he is separating the tranny from the block, christ reading owns too many people on here....

use some penetrant, like pb blaster, or another brand, let it sit and try again, but a big bar and some brute force usually does the trick for me, of course i am pushing 290 and know how to throw my weight around.....

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
i hate OVER torqued bolts. breaker bar this... anybody got a big ass drill?

for the record I did not cause this one, but I/WE have tried EVERYTHING ON IT!!!

I'd say a breaker bar or impact gun though in your situation :TU:

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
i hate OVER torqued bolts. breaker bar this... anybody got a big ass drill?

for the record I did not cause this one, but I/WE have tried EVERYTHING ON IT!!!

I'd say a breaker bar or impact gun though in your situation :TU:
I'd start with a few 7.62x39mm

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
LOL When an impact gun just don't get it.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
I've got a 3 foot cheater bar I use on my 2ft breaker bar. My impact wrench normally does the trick though. Air tools FTMFW.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The tranny bolts arent that tight, just use a pipe on the ratchet or breaker bar if its giving so much problem. I hope you're using a 1/2" drive tool cause if not, then that maybe the problem. On bolts that you know u'll get screwed on if the socket slips, try to make sure you have a six point socket on hand, 12 points arent great for pulling tight stuff.

GL

1 - 20 of 45 Posts