Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I guess my posts have been offending users on this forum? I thought the point of this whole thing was to help people learn and I have learned a lot in the past 5 days on here. Thanks for those who have been helpful.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
The point others have made is you are learning by first posting false or foolish "facts" then learning by having someone with the correct answer slap you.

When other members are saying step back and read, please do so.

learning is nice, yes, but these cars have been around for 20+ years. PLENTY of time for damn near EVERYTHING about them to be posted at some point.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aight man I'll step off. Just frustrating. Especially because of the "pros" hassling me can't even give me a place to start on mine before flaming me or asking stupid ass questions I have already answered or don't pertain to the thread. But I can just do shit the hard way and guess and check. Got enough basic knowledge to figure it out just figured the "pros" could give me some pointers. So far nothing I haven't tried. Even the "pros" in my area who have tried can't get it. I'll just keep my mouth shut and let you guys do your thing on here. And my apologies for the rant and the misinformation I posted previously.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
I think the idea was that you should use the search option first. Then again, before posting things like "vtec doesnt need valve adjsutment"

Search/research.

I say stupid stuff too, but I try to at least dig into my old memory of D motors, and when it fails me, I accept I was wrong.

Who are we to stop you from posting? just double check stuff. If you are not sure about it, there are plenty of resources available.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woah I believe I said something to the effect of if your motor is ticking then you probably NEED to adjust your valves. At least that's what I would do if my motor had ticking that followed through the RPM range. Valve lash is important and will cause a motor not to run.

Pretty sure someone else on that thread said that the vtec automatically adjusts the valves to which I informed them on duration, lash, and timing of the valves.

The part I was wrong about was how the cam has two profiles and it changes the duration rather than the timing. Is that right or am I still wrong on that?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
i dunno. Im too lazy to check, and got confused in the mix of fresh meat.

Just do your best to be accurate and go from there. I gotta go visit my throne for 30-40 minutes

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I think this was the statement that left people shaking their heads:

Vtec just advances timing at high rpm same as turning your dizzy to advance or retard the timing. No larger lobes involved.
This was clearly wrong, but you sounded completely sure of yourself. Try to be accurate or at the very least qualify your statements appropriately.

If you had said something like:

I believe Vtec just advances timing at high rpm same as turning your dizzy to advance or retard the timing. I dont think any larger lobes are involved.
You still would have been wrong, but at least you wouldnt have been as misleading.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Woah I believe I said something to the effect of if your motor is ticking then you probably NEED to adjust your valves. At least that's what I would do if my motor had ticking that followed through the RPM range. Valve lash is important and will cause a motor not to run.

Pretty sure someone else on that thread said that the vtec automatically adjusts the valves to which I informed them on duration, lash, and timing of the valves.

The part I was wrong about was how the cam has two profiles and it changes the duration rather than the timing. Is that right or am I still wrong on that?
Vtec holds the valves open longer.
Its either intake or exhaust. Dependong on car.
It also changes the fuel and igntion maps for while this happens. (High cam maps if you look at a tuning program).

Its ok to be wrong but once you find out your wrong its always good to correct it.
Also if you dont know much and there is tons of people saying other wise you might want to listen to them.

Then the whole reading thing is simple. You just read a ton of post that have problems and sloutions.
It doesnt matter of your car isnt having that problem. But you end up learning. So when you have that problem you knownhow to fix it or at lest where to start and what to try.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
..I thought it was vtech this whole time, I kept coming home with these plastic toys and not a car part..

..what's next, are you going to tell me vtec is for economy?..

..damn now there is an i in front..I give up..

Become a part of, or run away screaming how it was all our fault for not being nice. Either way is fine with me. Don't spout off in threads and then act like it is all good, you were preaching like it was gospel and you had no idea. Time to learn my DSO n00b.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,947 Posts
you sound like a whiney bitch who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up. that "flaming" that seems to still have a dick up your ass was fucking mild compared to what others have been dealt. and I speak from fucking experience since I am king asshole in this bitch. for fucks sake, every damn post you make is about how someone hurt your feelings and "I thought this place was to help people, woe is fucking me"

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For someone who also didn't know about how his vtec worked either those are some big words. If you couldn't tell I gave up on trying to help you assholes and am just trolling, drinking beer, and watching tv. As said before if anyone needs anything legitimate I will do my damndest to try and help anyone with a problem.

·
3,947 Posts
hahahaha, did you really assume I didn't know how it worked?

·
3,947 Posts
apparently you cant pick up on sarcasm. this used to be so much fun, its like youre not even trying anymore :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aww sorry I ruined your fun 😂 don't give a fuck.

As I said before I was just hoping for some help.

Not too big off deal since I still could profit off a non running car.

Real project is a full restore on a 1973 VW squareback. Or my rock crawlers. The honda's are just some cheap fun and learning about odb2.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts