Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
i got vtec working and everything's running good and I met up with another member on here (tank). We went to Tuscaloosa to eat and hang out and take pics.

We were riding to a place to take pics and some prelude did a ricer flyby. I looked at my brother and was like ??? WTF?? so I caught up to him and he kept tryin to race me but there was cars in front of us... FINALLY we pull up at a red light.. he said.. "hey man..what u got in that thing?"

I looked at him, shrugged and iono.. the light turns green and he takes off. (i counted 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand) his back bumper was at my front bumper when i took off from a idle. floored it, cracked vtaaaakkkk and pulled up next to him. Grabbed second and burned like hell as i pulled two car lengths in second, hit third and he was a spec in my rear view mirror.

Pulled up to the next light (thank god the light was red so tank could catch up lol ek hatch with y7 in it) he asked again.."dude, wtf you got in that thing" i laughed and said "same shit you got in yours but with a b series tranny". light turned green and he took off again trying to race. i looked at my brother and was like :shocked: are u kidding me? :TD: let him get two cars ahead and floored it. flew by him like a bat out of hell in the top of second. basically i shit on him.

end of story

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
guy just got his car running... who gives a fuck where he ran it. i wouldve had the itch also waiting hella long time to get the car running right.

good for you man. rip it up.

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understand street racing= loose.. we raced up to 65mph.. speed limit was 55 but everyone does ten over. i can see if we were doing 65 in a 35/45 or something..but at 12:30 at night and nobody is on this 4 lane road. im a firefighter. i see what happens to street racers.. i raced one car just cuz i was excited i FINALLY got it running right after months of bullshit.. im going to the track thursday and maybe friday also. thurs is 1/8th and friday is 1/4

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and me being from california... street racing in cali vs street racing in alabama.. HUGGGGEEE DIFFERENCE.. theres no as many people on the road. more open contry roads with nothing on it. vs runnin in a major city with tons of people and racing on city streets

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
matt you suck in telling stories. lol.

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha how come?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
hahaha how come?
no reason i was expecting a spectacular story with no shirt and rocking a feather boa style for your flame-boyant style. lol.

·
Let's Go Oakland!
99 EX - 13 EX
4,222 Posts
Its just one of those things you know, how we all bash someone for street racing because we see some mangled car in pics.. and besides, regardless of how careful Matt is the idiot egging him on could have easily swerved and took him out.. ya never know... so anyways...

like I sad before, glad you got it running man. I cant wait til mine is fully capable of hitting the street.

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im the idiot? i didnt egg him on.. like i said.. i didnt even move until he took off..

·
Registered
93 celica
323 Posts
Its just one of those things you know, how we all bash someone for street racing because we see some mangled car in pics.. and besides, regardless of how careful Matt is, the idiot egging him on could have easily swerved and took him out.. ya never know... so anyways...

like I sad before, glad you got it running man. I cant wait til mine is fully capable of hitting the street.
im the idiot? i didnt egg him on.. like i said.. i didnt even move until he took off..
fixed. matt is not the idiot, the other guy is.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Congrats on the success of your project!

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea u do.. lol thanks guys

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
nice kill man, glad to hear you got it running finally
we definitely need to see some vids

and whats with all the street racing hate going on lately? im seeing more and more of it... a year ago someone posted up a kill and the thread was 5 pages long with maybe 1 person saying save it for the track....

not all of us have tracks, shit the closest ones to me are 2-3 hours away and your lucky to get 2 runs... im not spending 50 in gas, 15 to get in, whatever on food, just to get a couple runs in

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
no faster than 65 mph..in what was probably a stock Prelude, on a dry road...i really dont see a chance of him swerving (unless he was stupid enough to do it on purpose for whatever reason), so yeah..it's not that big a deal, were i in Matts place..i would have done the same thing

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ill post vids hopefully today.. its not gonna be good quality. only a camera phone but its SOMETHING

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
so.... lets see them pix homeboy!

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pics? theres more then enough pics of my car.motor on this site.. vtak doesnt change the looks of anything.. hahahaha ;o)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts