Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 hatch
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
parts i have so far cast iron turbo mani,- hks ssqv bov,- liquid filled fuel p. reg. gauge,-255 walbro fuel pump,- 2.5'' ic piping kit,- 450cc injectors blacktops,- radio shack 10 ohm resistors,- ngk bkr7e spark plugs. the rest is in the process,but my questions are as follows is a t3/t4 an ok size to start a 10psi max boost just until i build my engine. is it really neccessary to spend a lot on an intercooler brand name especially.

i bought my ecu a year ago it came tuned with uberdata anyone around with tuning capabilities just a quick tune so i can run boost i seen a pretty cool little chip piggy back device so you can have two different maps on your ecu all you have to do is flip it over. sounds like it would be something cool to have. sseems like self tuning can be dangerous if you don't know what your doing.

with all the ricers around me if you ask for a tune they think you mean eq's finalizing my collection of parts don't want to leave anything out. still need intercooler, t3/t4 turbonetics turbo, tial wastegate, oil line kit, boost gauge, and 3'' down pipe, ooh also a 3'' dynomax catback exhaust.

p.s. is it safe to run 10psi on stock exhaust.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
just saying t3/t4 is kind of vague, all turbos flow different amounts at the same psi. but if its just a simple .48/.60, im sure 10 psi can be done stock block with a good tune.

as for IC, cheap-o ebay ICs work just fine

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
first off it would be a REALLY good idea if you posted what motor you have. from your avatar it looks like you have a Z6... sounds like you will have a decent setup and 10 psi should be fine if youre running uberdata. as for the stock exhaust, i wouldnt do it. its way to small. If you cant afford it, just run open downpipe.

·
Registered
91 hatch
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
perhaps i was vague but i forgot the trim ,and what not on the specific model i was looking at ,but ryan hit it exactly after i build the motor that size turbo should be able to support 350whp with no problem im assuming. as for the exhaust i was really wondering since ill be doing the install at home would it be safe to drive it to the muffler shop on stock exhaust, or should it be installed before the turbo. would it be practical to have the piping fabbed with flanges ,and bolt them on. i could weld them my self maybe justneed the pipe bent i guess.

thankss guys rep 4 both of you.

·
Registered
91 hatch
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright guys another question do you have to use a dump tube or can you just put on the blind flange plate

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
its a good idea to run a dump tube at least... without one, exhaust can be sucked up through the air filter on the turbo causing a lack of performance... another reason would be black crap from exhaust smoke all over the inside of the engine bay.

i would laugh if an exhaust shop charged you more than 20 bucks to weld you up a dump tube to send the dump exhaust below the oilpan

and as for driving it to the muffler shop, i wouldnt worry about driving it with any exhaust hooked up... i didnt when i put everything together... i drove probably 5 miles to the nearest mineke with nothing but the internal wastegate plate attached to the turbo

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
just run open DP to the muffler shop (just avoid cops and stay low throttle/RPM..) At least have a dump tube routed to under your oilpan (or get it welded into the downpipe if you want it quieter at full boost)

·
Registered
91 hatch
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess ill make this my official boost thread check my set up so far everything i checked off in red is already in possesion.

Attachments

·
Registered
The road
159 Posts
i guess ill make this my official boost thread check my set up so far everything i checked off in red is already in possesion.
Looks like you are spending more time making pictures than working on your turbo. J/K. Coming along nice. Why not just use a dsm resistor box and have a cleaner look than the resistors? Just curious.

·
Registered
91 hatch
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like you are spending more time making pictures than working on your turbo. J/K. Coming along nice. Why not just use a dsm resistor box and have a cleaner look than the resistors? Just curious.
i had'nt completely ruled the resistor box out yet. the resistors came with the injectors. i have spent plenty of time on my set up. i like to do things strategicly so when i take my car offline i have a systematic plan of action. though im sure i'll hit snags along the way. but for the most part i want to know exactly what i'm doing. eventually i will have pictures of a complete setup before my install.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
use the golden eagle vtec conversion sandwich plate...way easier and cleaner looking imo.

Reactions: d-ranged
1 - 20 of 20 Posts