Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i own a 93 civic dx, it has a d15b7 motor in it right now, i was llooking at swapping the heads, i found a d16z6 head with the vtec solnoied and etc..... now would that d16z6 head fit on my d15b7???? i know im new but i really need an answer!

thanks!

frank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha kk thanks!!!! oh one more question! can u use the stock intake manifold and everything? like injectors and what not? just put the head on and get a new ecu and wire the vtec?

·
Registered
94 civic... duh
161 Posts
haha kk thanks!!!! oh one more question! can u use the stock intake manifold and everything? like injectors and what not? just put the head on and get a new ecu and wire the vtec?
pretty much thats it
you will want the p28 ecu FYI

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i c....iv been seeing people saying u could also get a vtec controller? which is my best route? ecu or the controller? and lets say if i just put the head on.....and i dont wire the vtec yet....lol would i gain anything? just curious

·
Registered
459 Posts
all you really need to swap it over is z6 headgasket, z6 head studs, and a p28 to complete the swap correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
94 civic... duh
161 Posts
i c....iv been seeing people saying u could also get a vtec controller? which is my best route? ecu or the controller? and lets say if i just put the head on.....and i dont wire the vtec yet....lol would i gain anything? just curious
use the vtec ecu thats ur best bet

no you wont gain anything

get the vtec ecu- then put on your head -then wire up vtec. the ecu holds the ignition and fuel management maps on it in order to properly operate your engine and vtec!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts