Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I dyno'd my car today. I put down 152 hp and 136 tq on a Mustang dyno. This was done with a bone stock 88 D16A6 with a JRSC @ 8 psi, 62 mm Holley TB, RC 440 injectors, and a Pacesetter header with 2.5" eBay cat back. I was completely satisfied to see almost a 50% increase in power, having done all the work myself.

·
Registered
98 Civic HX D16Y5
167 Posts
Let's see pics!

Nice work! I bet it feels good to finally see the results of your work.

I like those curves! Nice and smooth!

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
So, I dyno'd my car today. I put down 152 hp and 136 tq on a Mustang dyno. This was done with a bone stock 88 D16A6 with a JRSC @ 8 psi, 62 mm Holley TB, RC 440 injectors, and a Pacesetter header with 2.5" eBay cat back. I was completely satisfied to see almost a 50% increase in power, having done all the work myself.
That is actually really good for an A6. Slap you a cam in there now.

Overall, that is a nice TQ curve, bet it is a blast to drive. Fun for the twisties

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is actually really good for an A6. Slap you a cam in there now.

Overall, that is a nice TQ curve, bet it is a blast to drive. Fun for the twisties
Oh yeah it's a blast. I switch my skunk 2 springs around so I have the 6k's in the front and 8k's in the rear with an ST sway on the rear only. It weighs in at 2020 so even with my start specs it's nice and tail happy. Rotates really well on the tight auto X courses. I feel I do have some more tuning to do because the TQ peaks at about 4500. I feel like it should be higher. But I'm eventually going to toss in a Tri-Flow 2 cam and a kamikaze header when I can find one. I'm also eventually going to water cool the manifold to get the air temps down. This was the best of 4 pulls and by the last one it was starting to get pretty heat soaked.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
ENDYN built IIRC?
Before he went to Larry. He and I both baselined at Dave's Honda Haven in Memphis in 1999. IIRC he did his pulls while driving out to CO. I have his dyno files along with mine SOMEWHERE. I know I yanked all the drives before sending the cases to be recycled.

They say short term memory is the first to....where are my shoes? :willy_nilly:

There is another thread on here about JRSC and gearing that I posted a link to some of -TJ's SOHC info.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Before he went to Larry. He and I both baselined at Dave's Honda Haven in Memphis in 1999. IIRC he did his pulls while driving out to CO. I have his dyno files along with mine SOMEWHERE. I know I yanked all the drives before sending the cases to be recycled.

They say short term memory is the first to....where are my shoes? :willy_nilly:
I saw this the other day and was like..... yes......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts