Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to order a greddy turbo kit for my 99 DX. Well i saw that the kit said only for EX. So i called and talked to them about it and i dot into this big argument about it with them. But anyways, i think I'm right that it will work. So am i right or am i wrong?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,424 Posts
It is ILLEGAL for them to tell you it will work on a DX due to the Federal Emission laws. The cat would be removed or relocated which is a big legal no-no.

Also the charge piping not gonna fit the intake, but you can make it fit.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
transzex said:
It is ILLEGAL for them to tell you it will work on a DX due to the Federal Emission laws. The cat would be removed or relocated which is a big legal no-no.

read my mod list. it dont matter. haha also. they dont test emissions here. there is NO WAY i would pass as it is.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Buy it then!

·
Registered
231 Posts
transzex said:

Federal emission laws? I didnt know there were any, in the town i live in you dont even have to have an exhaust, the only thing that can keep u from running all header is the law about cars and systems being to loud.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
drunknEK9 said:
Federal emission laws? I didnt know there were any, in the town i live in you dont even have to have an exhaust, the only thing that can keep u from running all header is the law about cars and systems being to loud.
yeap that is how it is here also

·
Registered
88 CRX
1,846 Posts
drunknEK9 said:
I think the law is a federal one, however it is up to the state to test emissions and many states do not. Yay florida!

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
I don't either... Im just saying that they can't legally say yes... cause like Bone said, they could be fined for saying it would work.

And you shouldn't have an issue, cause you have a y8 intake...

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Hellhatch said:
They probally dont know about your mods or your ability to make it work either.
i've had the same argument w/ARP. cause it states that they only make headstuds for d16z6. they told me that to give them the spec of my bolt which were for a d15b7 and they'll make me a custome bolts. so i called up a honda dealer and they told me that the same bolt part # for the d16z6 are the same of a d15b7. which means they are the same headbolts for both engines.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts