Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im drivin around stl today, in my newly boosted '95 dx, and im havin a good time burnin first and second, and the car is running strong and everything... well, i get out to show someone the setup, and i look at where the vacuum lines connect to the wastegate, and the heat from the air under the hood made the vacuum line contract to a point where there is no way air is getting to the wastegate... so im wondering how high my boost was getting while im driving around... my boost guage is crapped out so i have no clue... im wondering if i was running like 10 psi without that wastegate opening... lol the car was running fine though...

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
The lines you are using aren't reinforced and can't handle the vacuum.
When you're car is idling it's pulling a lot of vacuum and the tube's walls are caving.
When you are boosting, the walls regain their roundness and pressure gets to the wastegate easily.
Still you should get stronger hoses and make sure that you are not pinching the lines anywhere.

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pelsise said:
The lines you are using aren't reinforced and can't handle the vacuum.
When you're car is idling it's pulling a lot of vacuum and the tube's walls are caving.
When you are boosting, the walls regain their roundness and pressure gets to the wastegate easily.
Still you should get stronger hoses and make sure that you are not pinching the lines anywhere.
wow i never thought of that... but it makes sence... im going to go put new lines on it now though

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95civic2d said:
what are the specs on you set up. representin the STL.
damn right... ive been all over stl today boostin then blowin off... my friend referred me to the kid in the candy shop... "smilin through every gear"

specs:
14b turbo
sweetass manifold (seen in picture)
tial wastegate (4psi)
HKS bov
CROME
stock 240cc (to be upgraded soon to 390cc)

havent dynoed it yet, havent been to the track yet... but im going to test n tune tomorrow at gateway and i will post... but if you go, and see me, holla

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh by the way... last night, i took off the vacuum line to the wastegate to see if how high it would boost, and it never made it past 6.95 psi... do you think its just because its such a small turbo? (14b)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
thsmrtone1 said:
oh by the way... last night, i took off the vacuum line to the wastegate to see if how high it would boost, and it never made it past 6.95 psi... do you think its just because its such a small turbo? (14b)
sounds like something is wrong. did you plug the line you took off? if its only going that high you have a boost leak somewhere. with no vac to teh WG it should boost a LOT more psi than that

·
Registered
486 Posts
ryan89crx said:
sounds like something is wrong. did you plug the line you took off? if its only going that high you have a boost leak somewhere. with no vac to teh WG it should boost a LOT more psi than that
agree with ryan on this one my wastegate line broke off when i was boosting then my #4 cylinder then ventilated the block. pic's in the link..

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38897

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was also wondering that maybe because i only have a 3.63 spring in my wastegate, that the fact that the spring is so flimsy that the pressure in the manifold is just opening the wastegate by itself

1 - 13 of 13 Posts