Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a "built" z6 head with a bullfrog intake mannifold and throttle body... when i showed up to buy it, it was on a zc block which i thought was a little weird. where the dizzy goes it the cam says b59 the guy didnt know what the cam was he just said "its a turbo cam" the intake valves say "made in japan" and look bigger then stock he said they are sodium filled titanium valves. the intake manifold ive never heard of and it looks identical to an obd0 mpfi intake but its all ported out.

my questions are what cam do you think i have?
what valves do you think i have?
can anyone tell me about bullfrog? on the butterfly it says bullfrog gude
the zc block had arp studs 9 were short and 1 was tall ?

before you tell me to search this stuff, i have.. nothing on b59.. nothing on the valves.. nothing on bullfrog gude.. and i read a forum about the 9 and 1 and all the forums say thats only needed when you have a y8 head on a d15 block

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
it could be one of those super duper Bill Gude head packages that he passed off as bad ass a while back.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Google gude. You might have a pretty sweet set up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow i went to gude.com and im liking what i see lol but they dont show prices or anything

the guy i bought this from said that this cam is very lumpy and wont work for a na setup does this sound right to you because i think hes wrong

·
Premium Member
89 CRX Si
1,041 Posts
the guy i bought this from said that this cam is very lumpy and wont work for a na setup does this sound right to you because i think hes wrong
Sounds suspect because a turbo cam typically has short overlap, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. It may not be optimal...

I'm also skeptical of titanium, sodium filled valves.

·
Premium Member
93 Civic del Sol Si
1,278 Posts
what do you mean?
I'm wanting to see this setup you bought, and the attempt at posting pictures above did not work.

You need to make a photobucket account which is free, upload the pictures to your Photobucket account. After they are uploaded you have multiple options as to how to post the pictures you uploaded. Use the

1 - 20 of 56 Posts