Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question I am building a d16y8 for boost and can get my hands on crower I beam rods for cheap from a friend that never used his. my question is do i still have to notch the block like you do with H beam rods???

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a quick question I am building a d16y8 for boost and can get my hands on crower I beam rods for cheap from a friend that never used his. my question is do i still have to notch the block like you do with H beam rods???
If they are like the TT i-beam rods then yes. Chances are you will have to knotch it.

Ive never seen a d block that did not need to be knotched when using aftermarket rods.

If you can get them for a good price then get'em!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yes. . i had mine notched when i got the Eagle rods. .

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
youll most definitely have to notch it just like evosol said. ryan89crx also has the i beams in his built motor and also had to notch his block.

·
Registered
725 Posts
You need to put the crank and rods in and see where it hits anyway. Just put the crank and rods in and turn it over and see where it hits. Then do your grinding.

·
Registered
682 Posts
why do people think its a big deal to notch the block. a simple die grinder will work.

i thought crower was the only brand where you Didn't need to notch the block??Endyne uses them because these give No problems what so ever to install... or i'm talking about something else...?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i never said it was a big deal and i have knotched blocks before i just never used i beams and wanted to know if i could put them in without nothching and save myself the work.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Assemble the bottum end and rotate the crank. At least that way you will know. And if you need to notch it, grab a die grinder and go to town. Its not difficult at all.
Don

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the responses guys i will be putting the bottom end tommorow and just rotate the crank to see if it hits.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Its vey simple. Not as hard as it sounds...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
these rods are awsome only needed to grind off like 1/8th of an inch

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
nice. post up some pics. alot of people ask questions about block notching, so its nice to see as many examples as possible. when i notched my y8 block that i sold to fast2camcivic, i took about 1/4 of and inch deep off by 3/4 of an inch wide. energy dynamics has a very nice thread on this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts