Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im torn between 75.5mm and 76mm for my all motor build. im more drawn to the 76mm pistons since well people are scared of it and i gain a bit more tq also. anyone with exp with 76mm.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
p29's in my a6 block

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
im pretty sure you could go 76 if you wanted. i think there was just a debate about this last week a few guys were talking about which head gasket to use. i would think as long as you are tuned right you would be ok. detonation would be a big concern with thinner walls.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
if youre not throwing massive amounts of hp at it, and its tunned correctly 76 should me fine.
if you abuse it ( revving to 8500 because you like the sound ) any motor can crack a sleeve.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i would go with the 75.5. since you would not gain that much more tq over the 75.5 with the 76s. plus, you would not need to use anything other then oem when it comes to hg.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this motor would be around 12:1 compression with stage 4 exo cam which mean i will be making power past 8k not showing off . of course thats max rpm at the track. 91 octane cause cali sucks tuned on hondata

1 - 7 of 7 Posts