Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright, i have a 88 hf with a 89 dohc zc swap. i am only throwing a code 15-ignition output signal.
i have new plugs, plug wires, new dizzy, new coil and a new ignitor. i have also re-wired the white ignitor wire that goes from there to the ecu in pins B15 and B17. i have tryed 3 different ecus a edm pm7, pm6 and a pg7 and all throw the same code but the edm which naturally will throw the code 11 as well. i am getting fuel cause when i pull the plugs i can see that there is fuel and smell it in the cylenders. i am getting spark as well. my timing is right too.
those are the things i have fixed and nothing helped.
the problem is it will crank up and run for about 2-7min every once and a while then shut right off and throw the code. most of the other time it will just turn over but not crank at all.
now i was poking around and searching on other sites and what not and some people have said that the ignition kick-back system may be going out or the ignition switch?
where is the kick back system? and what is it so i can check it.

any help would be appreciated. this is the only thing keeping her from running and i am completly stumped.

A

·
0 Posts
you should recheck your wiring.. cuz if theres gas.. plus spark.. then its a simple mistake you did..

i would say check your distributor too.. but you say its new...

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
sorry to kinda jack... but its much more satisfaction to beat the crap out of it, then abandon it on the side of the road.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
allright last night i went and checked for spark and for some odd reason i am not getting any now. my plugs are soaked in fuel but no spark. so i have new plug but i may need new wires. what vehicle should i get these for? will the crx si ones work

A

·
0 Posts
get it from an 89 integra d16a1.. but i doubt itll do anything..
recheck your igniter.. check your ecu fuse too, could be blown....
plus check your ground connections too.. my old g1 didnt start without having a lil wire connected to tha thermostat housing from tha chassis.. but who knows.. checkem out..

i had bought a "BRAND NEW" distributor from napa for bout 300$ for my g1.... and only lasted me 2 months.. so go figure.. distributors on those cars is basically like a tuneup.. and very expensive..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
allright, get this. last night i went out and pulled the #1 cylinder plug and wire to check for spark. i went to crank it up and she fired right up. after that i shut it off and put the plug and wire bag in and she fired right up again but did shut off throwing the code. weird....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will keep you posted on what happens. but ithink i am going to replace the plugs and wires. the wires are the ones that came with the engine still. and the plugs, i dropped one and broke the little peice off that you gap.

A

·
0 Posts
o damn.. that could be tha reason why.. its not respondin how it should..
they say if you gap too much.. your car could sound and act like its runnin on 3 cylinders... but you missin that whole piece.. jajajaja..
get sum cheapy plugs.. like autolites to see if it cures tha prob..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just broke it. they havent been broke. but i think i may have gapped them to much to start out with. anyone no what the plugs are supposed to be gapped on a dohc zc?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts