Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was pooping around on Facebook one day and saw this guy had a 94 sedan for sale for 200 dollars. So I jumped in the truck and went to get that bitch. This is why. My girlfriend had 98 with a y8 and an auto trans, but I hit a deer with it a few months back and never got around to fixing it. Then I saw the 94 and had an idear. So I get the car home, and its knocking so bad i dont even wanna turn the ignition to the on position. So out the block comes. Z6 trans stay stationary. I then went to cranking on the 98. Got the y8 block out and stuck it right in the whole on the z6. Decided since my 98 is obd2 and the 94 is obd1, I'll keep the z6 head, Intake manifold and the z6 dizzy. so I dont have to mess with and ECU stuff. So I get everything on fine, I go to fire the car up. Gas is spewing everywhere out to the fuel rail be because my dum BASS forgot one bolt on the fuel rail. Tighten it down.Shes golden. Turned it off, put coolant in it, and let it sit for a few second until I saw a little bit of coolant coming from the housing. Forgot to tight one bolt. So I go to start it back up. Absolutely nothing. Turn the key on, no fuel pump noise. So I'm checking every damn wire clip fuse everything. I came across the main relay. Took it out. Took a jumper wire to number 5 and number 7, fuel pump runs. I opened up the relay casing and jump number 5 and number 7 on the actual relay, fuel pump runs, still no fire. Go get the 98 fuel relay. No fuel pump ignition. No fire. Down the the final stretch. Did my computer shut its self down and burn my relay up because of the fuel rail not being tight, from it being a y8 block from a 98 into a 94 with a z6 trans and z6 head? Everything but the alternator and the block is what I got with the car which ran fine other than knocking like hell. Do I need to take my computer out of my 98? Do I need to run the y8 head on the y8 block? I'd rather run the z6 head because that's what the computer already knows. My main question is why would the main relay just go out now. And why wont the one from the 98 turn the fuel pump on?

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
509 Posts
So I was pooping around on Facebook one day and saw this guy had a 94 sedan for sale for 200 dollars. So I jumped in the truck and went to get that bitch. This is why. My girlfriend had 98 with a y8 and an auto trans, but I hit a deer with it a few months back and never got around to fixing it. Then I saw the 94 and had an idear. So I get the car home, and its knocking so bad i dont even wanna turn the ignition to the on position. So out the block comes. Z6 trans stay stationary. I then went to cranking on the 98. Got the y8 block out and stuck it right in the whole on the z6. Decided since my 98 is obd2 and the 94 is obd1, I'll keep the z6 head, Intake manifold and the z6 dizzy. so I dont have to mess with and ECU stuff. So I get everything on fine, I go to fire the car up. Gas is spewing everywhere out to the fuel rail be because my dum BASS forgot one bolt on the fuel rail. Tighten it down.Shes golden. Turned it off, put coolant in it, and let it sit for a few second until I saw a little bit of coolant coming from the housing. Forgot to tight one bolt. So I go to start it back up. Absolutely nothing. Turn the key on, no fuel pump noise. So I'm checking every damn wire clip fuse everything. I came across the main relay. Took it out. Took a jumper wire to number 5 and number 7, fuel pump runs. I opened up the relay casing and jump number 5 and number 7 on the actual relay, fuel pump runs, still no fire. Go get the 98 fuel relay. No fuel pump ignition. No fire. Down the the final stretch. Did my computer shut its self down and burn my relay up because of the fuel rail not being tight, from it being a y8 block from a 98 into a 94 with a z6 trans and z6 head? Everything but the alternator and the block is what I got with the car which ran fine other than knocking like hell. Do I need to take my computer out of my 98? Do I need to run the y8 head on the y8 block? I'd rather run the z6 head because that's what the computer already knows. My main question is why would the main relay just go out now. And why wont the one from the 98 turn the fuel pump on?
This is all super hard to read. What head are you running, what ECU are you running? Your ECU doesn't care if you forgot to bolt your fuel rail down.

slo edit** z6 head, 94 ecu (ASSume p28 )

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
check your grounds. is the ecu throwing any codes? did you cook your ecu

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright well I finally figured it out. I must have fried the computer because I went to a friends house and got one from a 93 civic and plugged it up and it ran. I'm running a z6 head on a y8 block with a z6 tranny.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
cap it. unless you know what it went to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts