Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright.. i have a 92 cx with a 92 obd1 dohc zc and i want to get the zc tranny with halfshaft.. now i keep hearing that it has the same ratios as the 92-95 si tranny.. and i wanted to know if it did or are they different..

the other question is... my friend had a cable zc tranny and we had to make axles using the cups that came with the tranny.. now that was 5 years ago and i was wandering if there is axles you can buy for a certain car that will just fit right in without having to make custom ones.. i know how to do it.. id rather just buy new ones tho.. any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
siregcivic said:
alright.. i have a 92 cx with a 92 obd1 dohc zc and i want to get the zc tranny with halfshaft.. now i keep hearing that it has the same ratios as the 92-95 si tranny.. and i wanted to know if it did or are they different..

the other question is... my friend had a cable zc tranny and we had to make axles using the cups that came with the tranny.. now that was 5 years ago and i was wandering if there is axles you can buy for a certain car that will just fit right in without having to make custom ones.. i know how to do it.. id rather just buy new ones tho.. any help would be appreciated thanks
the 92+ has same gearing as si, (i have one) but with a different sized FD for diff sized axels

i believe you can just use integra axels for the cable zc.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so is it closer gearing since the fd is different??

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well crap... im not going to spen alot of effort and money if it has the same gear ratios as the si.. ill just get a d15b tranny and pop it right in without having to buy new axles or make them

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i know.. it also helps with tourqe steer.. alright guys.. i might do it.. well see.. so the 87 integra axles will fit into the hydro zc tranny and into my hub 92 civic.. if thats the case.. then ill do that.. thanks guys..

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anybody know what axles will directly fit into the hydro zc tranny???

·
Registered
263 Posts
wazup said:
so that hydro ZC has the same gears as the z6/y8 tranny?
hydrozc tranny=ex/si all the way around. i didnt take a look at the final drive (gave it to somebody) but im gonna check out the final drive on tuesday and see what ratio it is. but to answer your question. yes sir. it has the same gearing as an si/ex.

here a pic of the trannys code...

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hatchkid96 said:
i understand you want some direct answers, but a lot of these can be answered with google/honda-tech/ any search in general.

but to answer it real fast for ya; 94+integ
thankyou very much... i dont even bother with honda tech anymore... all i get is.. oh dont waste your time ahh bla bla get a b series bla bla.. here and thezcr is the only place i actually can find info for my motor and where people actually respond without being a smartass... its nice to see people respond and help other people out and be kind about it....

and the picture you have with the tranny.. that looks exactly like my ex one.. so i guess there isnt a way to tell if its a d15b/ex/si/y8/zc tranny... if it all looks the same.. except the zc comes with a halfshaft and it wont fit into any other tranny??

thanks for all the help i appreciate it

·
Registered
263 Posts
that would be the 88-91 model... i think that honda just smartened up and used the same tranny. the housing is the same, the gearing is the same.. i just have to check the final drive to make sure. it was my brother-in-laws engine/tranny. so it had to be a zc tranny. i just think honda quit making them different to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well.. the 94+ teg axles are too short.. drviers side by an inch and a half passanger side by half an inch.. busted one within 2feet.. ima make a sticy about this

1 - 19 of 19 Posts