Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys in looking at a b20vtec swapped into a CRX this weekend that has a 98 ls tranny.

Would the only possibility be a cable to hydro conversion? Or could it possibly be all hydraulic? If so, how can I tell? I understand how the pedal will engage differently but what can I look for physically?

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
I did the sonem crx hyd clutch pedal conversion in my crx. After running cable for years and finally switching to full hydraulic I will never go back to cables. It was absolutely worth the time and money

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
There is a few types of ways to use a hydro tranny in an ED chassis. The SUJA ONE kit, Hasport kit, and one from Hush22 IIRC. And they should have the correct hydro mount in the chassis too.

Look up these kits to give you an idea as to what to look for.

91 EF Hatch - "Correct" Cable to Hydro Conversion - Honda-Tech

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a few types of ways to use a hydro tranny in an ED chassis. The SUJA ONE kit, Hasport kit, and one from Hush22 IIRC. And they should have the correct hydro mount in the chassis too.

Look up these kits to give you an idea as to what to look for.

91 EF Hatch - "Correct" Cable to Hydro Conversion - Honda-Tech
I know the car has Hasport motor mounts, so I am assuming the original installer used a Hasport kit that included the Hydro conversion (if it was included).

My attack plan is to look for:

I'm guessing on the firewall, where the clutch cable comes through. And I could assume that if this isn't present, then it's a cable system?

I read through the thread you provided (and thank you) But it wasn't able to provide me with much insight.

Thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts