Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So replacing the master on the Matrix and I got a problem with a line not coming out of the flex hose, the line was a little rusty at the flare nut needed vice grips to break it loose. The flare nut is loose and can be turned by hand but it still won't come out of the hose, it's like the threads broke off somewhere in the hose and is preventing the line from coming out completely.

The crazy shit is that we tried to put it back in the hose and it won't thread at all into it again. Again, all I can figure is it broke off inside the flex hose and is preventing the hard line from coming all the way out.

I have ordered all the hard lines and a SS flex hose for the clutch system to eliminate any potential problems. This all started with a weird feeling in the clutch and it sometimes letting out really low to the floor so I was going to replace the master (slave is new with the trans OEM).

Any thoughts?

(When I get back to the house I will take better pics of the shit going on, I will also cut the line apart and see what happened.)

·
Registered
72 Posts
My slave cylinder had a similar problem with the soft line connection being rusted out. I ended up cutting it when I was pulling the drivetrain out of my car

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did get it all fixed but I have yet to cut the old flex line, I am thinking the flared end got over flared after being torqued from factory and wouldn't come out of the threads. Still going to cut that thing up and find out as it made me work 3x harder to replace 1 part.

The clutch feels way better with that stainless flex line instead of the rubber one.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
fresh rubber lines flex less than SS lines and last four times as long.

I've had two SS lines explode on me..

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one was a ptfe line with the braid wrap with PVC coating. I know the ones without that coating can rub the inner liner when grit/dirt get in there and cause a failure.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
I've never had to replace any rubber brake lines on any car I've owned and now out of nowhere the drivers front on my Integra pissed all over the wheel well last time I drove it. Bought a set of uncoated SS lines probably 10 years ago now and never used them because they didn't have the protective outer sleeve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts