Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried and tried to find pictures of what the Hydro Chassis to Cable transmission setup looks like...

I wanted to see how everything bolts up so I can get a understanding.
I assume its an L Bracket that relocates the slave cylinder so that it pushes the clutch engagement arm up.

Any info or pics would be awesome. I need to swap to a cable trans in my EG and can't find very much info on it or kits. Most time people refer to B Series setup or they talk about hydro transmission to Cable Chassis.

Thanks Guys,

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
buy the right tranny for the car, it WILL be cheaper.

$250 for a proper tranny that bolts in or $700+ to convert to cable, new axles, mounts, clutch pedal assembly, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol,
I'm running a zc trans with LSD. I will be using my zc axels and shafts.
I just want to see the setup they use to go from cable
trans to hydro chassis. It only cost me 200$ for the
complete trans and axels. Going from a hydro trans to cable chassis only involves a mount and accuator. So I don't know where you get 700$
I have done cable trans to hydro chassis befor used hasports kit.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Lol,
I just want to see the setup they use to go from cable
trans to hydro chassis. It only cost me 200$ for the
complete trans and axels. Going from a hydro trans to cable chassis only involves a mount and accuator. So I don't know where you get 700$
After you figure this out and start stretching cables PM ME:bigok:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
so fab up the mount, and fab up a braket for the clutch slave to move the clutch arm

if you know so much why does this thread exist

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Not this way you haven't The Hasport kit is for putting a hydro trans into a 4G Civic that originally had a cable trans. The reason for doing this is to get away from the cable trans and the stretched cables crxlifer21 is talking about. Your swap will require custom mounts as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Lol,
I'll trade you my 94 si hydro trans with del sol 5th gear, quaife LSD in it and stage 3 gator axles straight up for the zc trans and axles. Paid $900 for the quaife alone fyi.

(my hatch is no longer a powerhouse and everything is going into my crx in case you were wondering why)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
Thing is......there is a thread about this already, a certain black CRX with a Hydro tranny and the info needed to do it.

Tunafishy :)

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
This kit is to put a cable B-series trans into a EG Bone. I wouldn't have thought there was much demand for such a swap. The bracket to mount a slave is interesting. The whole thing seems kind of unnecessary to me. I always thought cable B-series stuff was harder to find. OP, I understand what you're trying to do now. I think you might be better off swapping with Bizaar and calling it a day.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
HASport has the needed knowledge, it was done over 10 years ago.....but not worth the hassle. Lever ratio was a big issue in trying to keep the P20/P40 clutch arm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
This kit is to put a cable B-series trans into a EG Bone. I wouldn't have thought there was much demand for such a swap. The bracket to mount a slave is interesting. The whole thing seems kind of unnecessary to me. I always thought cable B-series stuff was harder to find. OP, I understand what you're trying to do now. I think you might be better off swapping with Bizaar and calling it a day.

Lol I know what you mean by it being easier to swap with him. Though I bought this transmission and everything because I wanted a drive train that would have an intermediate shaft and LSD. :) I'll just call hasports and talk to them about it. Yeahi was pretty sure b and d mounts were different just didn't know if t held true to their cable trans mounts. Thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I didn't know that kit existed. Here's a link to the instructions so you can see how the slave cylinder mounts up. It is for a B-series trans and I can't tell you how that relates to swapping in a D-series. http://hasport.com/store/tech/egbcc.pdf

This answered all my questions thanks. I'll cal hasport and see if they have a d mount for me. Thanks you helped a lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts