Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i juss got my motor back from the shop and juss put it in the car. the only thing the shop didnt do was the timing. my friend did the timing and said everything is good to go. now when everything is in ecu, fuses but didnt check the fuses yet, dizzy, the car wont start. the car just keep cranking. i tried 2 other dizzys and the only one that sounded like it was doing something was actually a messed up dizzy! the messed up dizzy wen i tried starting the car it backfires. with the regular dizzy it just cranks with no response. i checked both tranny n engine ground and everything is good to go. is there anyone that could help me out with this one? could it be that the timing os off? please feel free to give positive input. thank you

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sounds like the cam timing is off. Get the manual and double check it.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
unplug you map and try to start it again. It sounds strange but try it, my Y8 block and Z6 head did the same thing and it was the map.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
definitely fuel is reaching the motor. as for spark i keep trying to check it but i dont noe if im doing it right! i took one wire out and put it against the wall and nothing with all the dizzys ive used. im going to try the map sensor thing in a few.

as for timing does anyone know the specs on how to set the timing for y8 block n z6 head? thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts