Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive stated my setup a few times before here it is again.

d16y8
srp/eagles
ramhorn
9:1
greddy bov
tial wg
s300
stock head
stock intake
stock tb

Car was street tuned by me on 22psi

ran 12.6 @ 113
it could of gone faster with better 60ft and more seat time.

but i dont make full boost till around 5600 rpm and i fall out of boost between shifts.

I was thinking of goin with a 50trim that way id have a much fatter power band.

Or do change a few things on the setup to make this turbo suit my needs?

Im in the middle of a rebuild bc i spun a bearing so i just want a lil advice on which direction to go.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
thats a late spooler, what elevation? what manifold. maybe the problem isnt the turbo? what exhaust size. thaT TURBO should be fun on that setup
sounds almost right, you should beable to get more torque with minor changes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheap ramhorn i got from a buddy... more than likely its a egay.... but its working. im in Louisiana so im right at sea level. only running 2.5" open dp. (sure thats killing it some)

When i bought this turbo i was told that they put hx35 wheels in it... so that may be part of the issue also.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
mini ram is wht you need man, a nice one. or DIY!!!

also, is it the 9cm exhaust housing or have the small compressor housing? i think i may need a picture.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have a HX35 with a 48 backhousing running on a JDM D15B ..... make full boost "12lb" before vtec " 5500rpm" pulls real good with 234HP..... Want to go to 20 lb but have no decent roads in Jamaica....

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i get 22psi at the top of second and only drop a few between shifts on m,y hx35....but thedelta 272 and a set of springs will be your freind....im spinning it out to 8500 rpms

where is your redline

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im shiftin at about 7800... Tryn to stay under 8 w stock head.
Why? Rev that thing out as high as it wants. I've taken stock non vtec springs and retainers well over 8000 and stock vtec stuff well over 9.

And im only able to build like 7psi off the launch limiter
Do you have slicks? 7psi should be enough to get the car to leave well on some good sticky tires. I only run 5ish on my antilag.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
you need to work on your driving. shift faster. dont hit the limiter at all it will hurt your spool when you shift.

and spin the thing up a little more to make life easier on yourself.

if i can make my 6262 work and others can make 6766's work why cant you>?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you need to work on your driving. shift faster. dont hit the limiter at all it will hurt your spool when you shift.

and spin the thing up a little more to make life easier on yourself.

if i can make my 6262 work and others can make 6766's work why cant you>?
I was bein told it was too big... So i just wanted some opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
i ran a hx35 on a stock d15b7 @ 10psi and had full spool by 5000rpm, on my f22 it spools full boost by 3k.

its not to big, it sounds like the small exhaust housing is limiting power and spool time, in combo with the ramhorn or something, SOUNDS like it but we arent there.

as for the mini ram if you can do the DIY, a harbor freight welder, 6 weld els, flanges and straight sections, you have a 150-220$ manifold.

or have go autoworks do it for a good ticket.

i saw your vid and you have enough traction with a 1.9 i could hear it not pull in 3/4th gears. its gotta be the hot side, traps should be close to 120 and high 11 quarter, even in that car with that 60.

ignition cut and WOT shift is another thing, goodluck, cant wait to see some more videos man!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts