Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hy35 that i'm trying to use. Its have the vband 4'' exhaust. Im trying to figure how people run or make a downpipe for this turbo. Any insight greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
you didnt list or post pix of the manifold and routing that your trying to do. I believe most use top mount and route the exhuast on the right with a 90* vband flange. then reduce the pipe to 3inch cat back or 3inch to cat then 2.5cat back

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one I have has that. I dont know why. I think I read somewhere that its a hy35w. well i ordered a cast iron manifold. i wanted the compressor to be on the driver side and the exhaust to be on the passenger side. I was trying to keep my ac.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
The one I have has that. I dont know why. I think I read somewhere that its a hy35w. well i ordered a cast iron manifold. i wanted the compressor to be on the driver side and the exhaust to be on the passenger side. I was trying to keep my ac.
AC probably wont work with 4inch. The biggest pipe that will fit is going to be 3inch and its going to fit like a glove.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
With the exhaust on the passenger side?
OK USMD car.
If the compressor is on the driver side the compressor will hit the ac compressor and also touch the ac fan.

If the compressor is on the passenger side. You will be left with about 3inch from turbo to the back of the ac compressor.

Also what manifold are you using?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Better wastegate placement but going to make the downpipe a little harder because it clocks the turbo exhuast more into the motor.

Here a pix of my old t3 setup you got about 3inch from the turbo to ac. Thats a ebay t3 and castiron manifold. on a 93 civic

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking that the exhaust would be easier since the position or the flange is more to the passenger side. If I made the downpipe come out a but then go down it may help. I could be wrong. And any help on how people get downpipe for these turbos? Woiuld this turbo get me to 450ish? setup is a vitara/custom legnth rods and pnp head with 272-2 cam.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Compressor has to be on the pass side to keep ac...it you turn the turbo the other way it will sick out under the core support.....I,ll see if I can find picks

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
It will stick out like this if you put the compressor on the driver side....and obviously the condenser won't fit

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It will stick out like this if you put the compressor on the driver side....and obviously the condenser won't fit

Was that a vband exhaust? And since the flange is over to the passenger side, should I have enough room.

Btw. I saw your build, his much did you end up making Hp wise?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
dont know havent dyno'd it yet...

and look at the pic....if you mount it like it is in the abouve pic you have no room for the a/c condensor.....so you have to put it with the exhaust on the driverside

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
yeah danz but he said he is trying to keep ac

1 - 20 of 45 Posts